Location: Bethesda, Maryland US
Job Id: 7072
Position Title: Accounting Associate
Looking for an opportunity to support a thriving organization? Well PMG is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our family!
A little about us:
Precision Medicine Group, LLC is the leading global provider of precision medicine research services and creative commercialization solutions for life sciences companies. After completing the largest private investment raise of a life sciences services company in 2012, we have rapidly grown through a series of acquisitions and 20%+ annual organic growth to more than 1,500 people in over 25 offices across the U.S., Canada and Europe.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for supporting the daily operations and maintenance of the general ledger system, banking, cash applications, and maintenance of the accounts payable function.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Gather invoices for processing received via USPS mail and email.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payables. This includes vouchering and coding invoices, verifying details against purchase orders, matching to receiving documents, obtaining necessary approvals, and entering into accounting system for payment.
- Assisting with vendor setup.
- Reconcile, code and process expense reports and corporate credit card statements.
- Work with vendors to resolve routine questions and problems including responding to general inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, contacting vendors regarding missing invoices or other discrepancies.
- Work closely with other departments or business units to resolve routine questions or problems.
- Maintain accounts payable files: filing all paid invoices, creating new files when needed and boxing up older files for offsite storage.
- Provide support to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Perform basic and routine monthly general ledger account reconciliations. Provide support related to year-end financial audits.
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Infor ERP System.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information and intercompany reporting/tracking.
- Running reports and analyses out of Infor for senior management.
- Perform various administrative tax functions.
- Assist with related ad hoc projects and system migrations, as required.
- Collaborate with others in Finance to support overall department goals and objectives.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in accounting.
- Microsoft excel
- Working with accounting software desired
Division: Precision Medicine Group
Business Unit: Precision Medicine Group
Office Based: Bethesda - 2 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 850, Bethesda, MD 20814
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Associate
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bethesda, Maryland US