Analyst, Business and Competitive Intelligence
Location: Paris, Ile-de-France FR
Job Id: 7027
Position Title: Analyst, Business & Competitive Intelligence
The Analyst, Business and Competitive Intelligence is responsible for the identification, information gathering, planning and coordinating of sales based communication activities for a selection of designated accounts and contacts to effectively support business growth. Ultimately sourcing new sales opportunities for the Business Development team through inbound lead qualification and outbound prospecting inclusive of Clinical Solutions, Labs and Biospecimens.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Periodically liaises directly with the Business Development team to identify specific companies of interest for continued nurtured outreach and meeting/RFP provision.
- Analyzes competitive environment to help make recommendations
- Develops an annual outreach plan (reviewed monthly with LM and Business Development team) focused on securing new and repeat business from current and prospective biotech and pharmaceutical companies based on the analysis of:
- Social media (business news review, financial news, new lead identification, …)
- Competitive intelligence / business strategy (reviewing competitors website, conferences, communication/marketing activities)
- Decision makers and influencers within the identified company
- Undertakes research and analysis of Precision’s markets, competition, product mix, and specified product markets
- Works closely with the Marketing teams to coordinate appropriate collateral provision to support the sales efforts of the company
- Responsible for updating appropriate systems (Customer Relationship Management, Sales Enablement platforms etc) in a timely manner to ensure high standards of data integrity and for generating accurate weekly/monthly activity reports
- Provides regular feedback to the LM, and Business Development leadership on the positioning of the company regarding pricing, competitiveness and market conditions
- Bachelors degree in a marketing/communication/science or business related discipline/or equivalent experience in a marketing/communication/business development/sales environment
- Possesses a keen understanding of the CRO and Specialty Labs market and the role that Precision plays in that environment
- Minimum 6 months experience within the product/service sales lifecycle inclusive of client identification and prospecting
- Direct B2B sales experience in service industry
- Willingness to undertake domestic and international travel including overnight stays.
- Reads, writes, speaks fluently and comprehends the English language
- Drive and determination to succeed as well as meet and exceed targets and quotas
- Must be adaptable, professional and motivated and understand the sales cycle
- Experience in either the CRO/pharmaceutical industry, or the life sciences industry
- Exhibits high self-motivation, and is able to work and plan independently as well as in a team environment.
- Focuses on continuous improvement, including the ability to make proactive assessments on how to make processes more efficient and people more effective.
- Communicates both verbally and in written form in an exemplary manner.
- Conducts formal presentations to a wide variety of audiences including scientific / sales / marketing teams
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Clinical Solutions
Office Based: Remote
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst, Business and Competitive Intelligence
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Paris, Ile-de-France FR