Supervisor Laboratory Operations- Biorepository
Location: Frederick, Maryland US
Job Id: 6645
Position Title: Supervisor, Operations
Are you passionate about the details but never lose sight of the big picture? Do you thrive in busy environments and take pride in wearing many hats? Do you have an eye to recognize where strengths are and where improvement is needed? Do you have superb time and priority management skills that boost productivity and efficiency? We are looking for a dedicated, experienced professional to lead day-to-day operations for our bio-repository facility in Frederick, MD.
Precision for Medicine develops assays and runs global logistics by using biomarkers to stratify patients, incomparably improving R&D efficiency and success for our clients. We lead every aspect of our clinical trials from sites to biomarkers to diagnostics, all under a single roof. We dramatically accelerate our clients' pathway from proof of concept to drug approval.
Play a critical role in helping patients gain access to the treatment they need. Clinical trials depend on biological specimen samples being deposited and withdrawn on a continual basis. Our Biorepository facility currently houses over 25 million specimens. The Biorepository Operations Supervisor will facilitate the processing of biological samples accurately and on time for the purposes of supporting clinical and basic scientific research activities.
We want you to join us in this vital role, leading and motivating our repository team to successfully complete projects and foster a culture of teamwork.
- You are a master at daily prioritizing, scheduling and coordinating activities
- You are an effective communicator knowing how to communicate on many different levels with all types of people
- You know what drives client happiness and are able to deliver
- You know the importance of building a strong team and developing positive relationships among team members
- You act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture and mission of the company
How you will make a difference:
- You will lead daily activities in the biorepository efficiently
- You will train staff on proper operation of all protocols, appropriate equipment usage and specimen handling
- You will communicate effectively with clients regarding specimen tracking, incoming shipment status and withdrawal requests
- You will ensure safe lab practices and work environment enforcing GMP/GLP/ISO and safety regulations and standards
- You will manage performance of staff including mentoring in response to issues that arise
- You will use creative and critical thinking skills in solving complex problems and fostering innovation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Prior supervisory, leadership or team leader experience required including training team members on new SOPs, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Aseptic technique
- Strong leadership and judgement skills
- Able to demonstrate high performance work culture standards, manage multiple project deadlines and follow standard operating procedures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel
- Ability to lift and carry between 31-50 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods; occasionally required to squat, bend, stoop, push, kneel, reach and perform tasks with repetitive motion; Will be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Extended work hours may be necessary in order to meet business demands.
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Frederick - 8425 Precision Way, Suite M, Frederick MD 21701
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Supervisor Laboratory Operations- Biorepository
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frederick, Maryland US