Biorepository Team Lead
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina US
Job Id: 6613
Position Title: Biorepository Team Lead
You understand to improve laboratory operations/performance it is instrumental to support training, job happiness and career opportunities and retention for the Lab Technicians so that everyone embraces innovation, invests in and adopts to change.
At Precision for Medicine, we develop assays and run global logistics using biomarkers to stratify patients, incomparably improving client's R&D efficiency and success. We handle every aspect of clinical trials from sites to biomarkers to diagnostics.
Play a meaningful role in helping patients gain access to the treatment they need. Clinical trials depend on biological specimen samples being deposited and withdrawn on a continual basis. Our Biorepository facility currently houses over 25 million specimens. The Biorepository Operations Supervisor will facilitate the processing of biological samples accurately and on time for the purposes of supporting clinical and basic scientific research activities.
- You work independently successfully and have established credibility to make decisions with minimal direction
- You have excellent attention to detail, documentation skills, and work well in a group environment
- You are a flexible, agile and able to successfully change activities and directions quickly when responding to changing business needs
- You are approachable, have an open and transparent communication style positioning you to gain the trust of others
- You are passionate about inspiring those around you leading to dedication to meet team and company goals
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
You will provide logistical support to leadership to plan, prioritize and organize operational activities for our Lab Techs.
You will assist leadership in allocating tasks, determining deadlines, providing training to staff, monitoring training needs, facilitating decision-making, performing competency assessments and promoting the maintenance of an overall health group dynamic/environment.
What your day to Day-to-day will look like; Unpacking/Receiving biological samples and recording all pertinent sample information in an Incoming Shipment Batch and folder. Inventory of frozen biological samples for storage and retrieval of frozen samples for Outgoing sample shipment requisitions. Aliquoting frozen specimens utilizing aseptic technique. Processing Incoming shipments and Outgoing requests in BSI. Building Incoming and Outgoing folders. Preparing reports in BSI for investigating sample data and discrepancy resolution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must possess basic laboratory skills and be trained in aseptic technique
- Current knowledge of IATA Shipping Regulations and maintenance of certification and standards
- Comfortability with excel and its functions, as well as BSI
- Requires excellent attention to detail, excellent documentation skills, and must work well in a group environment
- Must be a flexible agile team player who can change activities and directions quickly and respond to a variety of assignment and changing business needs
- Ability to lift and carry between 31-50 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods; occasionally required to squat, bend, stoop, push, kneel, reach and perform tasks with repetitive motion; Will be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Biospecimen Solutions
Office Based: Winston-Salem - 630 Brookwood Business Park Drive Winston-Salem NC 27105.
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Biorepository Team Lead
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Winston-Salem, North Carolina US