Senior Medical Director - FULLY REMOTE
Location: New York, New York US
Job Id: 6609
Position Title: Senior Medical Director
We are pleased to share this newly created role to support our ongoing global growth!
Fully remote position!!
The Senior Medical Director will lead all aspects of content development, project oversight, and management of Medical Directors and Medical Writers. Focus is on researching and writing content for our clients who are developing groundbreaking medicines and treatments. You will manage a team based out of Gladstone, NJ.
PRECISIONvalue is the top payer marketing agency in the country. We partner with global pharmaceutical and life sciences companies who are developing ground breaking treatments to make medicines accessible and affordable. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. With us, you will collaborate with teams as we improve market access and support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the globe.
The Senior Medical Director role carries a very robust compensation and benefits package.
- Lead and manage resources, both internal and external, to ensure timely, on-budget production of deliverables
- Develop content around brand product messaging to achieve the strategic needs of Client’s branded products
- Conduct unique literature searches through conventional and/or nontraditional sources and develop enduring materials including slide decks with speaker notes, brochures, discussion guide and digital assets
- Ensure clinical accuracy of all work completed and that all work aligns with applicable Government and industry regulations and guidelines
- Attend and facilitate medical/legal/regulatory approval reviews
- Work in close partnership with account, strategic services, creative, and project management teams.
- You will identify clinical resource staff needs, recruit, and handle freelance writers as well as plan, assign, and direct work to Medical teams; interview, hire, and train, and mentor employees
- As a member of our new business development team you will provide proposal research support, assist in the development of new business pitches, new business proposals, budgets and responses to RFPs and RFIs and will attend and present at pitch meetings
Oversee Project Completion
- Oversee and manage resources, both internal and external, to ensure on-time/on-budget production of deliverables
- Work closely with account, strategic services, creative, and traffic teams
- Participate in project planning and contribute to development of project timelines
- Serve as a clinical resource for internal teams and clients to address related needs
- Liaise with internal, client and medical/legal/regulatory teams to ensure seamless submission and approval process (e.g., highlighted references and annotations) for project deliverables
Management of Content Team:
- Oversee daily activities and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Identify, recruit, and manage freelance writers and editors
- Plan, assign, and direct work to Medical, Copy and Editorial teams
- Interview, hire, and train, and mentor employees
- Appraise performance; reward and discipline employees in conjunction with Human Resources; address complaints and resolve problems
- 10+ years of experience in medical education/medical communications or similar field
- Advanced degree in life sciences: PhD, PharmD, MD, DO, or other
- Oncology experience
- Past success managing a team to achieve winning outcomes
- Skilled authoring cohesive presentation flows which tell a story versus presenting pure content
- Equal parts strong manager plus skilled writer
- Skilled in understanding government and industry regulations regarding content
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONvalue
Office Based: Remote
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Medical Director - FULLY REMOTE
City: New York
State: New York
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US