Location: Frederick, Maryland US
Job Id: 6550
Position Title: Data Scientist
Play a meaningful role in helping patients gain access to the treatment they need by performing specialized immunological cell based assays for clients in the clinical trial space!
We develop biomarker and immunological assays for clinical trials to allow stratification of patients and understanding response to therapy/disease progression and to determine who can receive life changing gene therapies. We support multiple therapeutic areas including Autoimmunity, Oncology, Neurology and Gene Therapy platforms.
We encourage high-energy, dedicated team members who enjoy a challenge, thrive in the details and flourish in dynamic environments to invest in learning more about us. If you are no stranger to taking charge and collaborating to deliver excellent work, we have an opportunity for you!
Participate in flow cytometry projects through analyzing flow cytometry data, writing, reviewing and editing protocols and reports, as well as contract and grant applications/proposals
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Independently and accurately analyze and present Flow cytometry data
- Responsible for trouble shooting and correcting scientific errors in flow cytometry analysis
- Assists with writing and/or editing SOPs, validation protocols and reports
- High quality output is essential with the ability to build efficiency into improving productivity metrics
- Work collaboratively with other technical teams in resource sharing and providing technical expertise in data analysis
- Act as a scientific resource externally to clients and internally
- Assists with writing, reviewing and editing contract and grant applications/proposals as appropriate.
- Assists with writing and publishing papers, abstracts, techniques/or chapters to maintain the scientific standard and image of the company
- May present completed work at appropriate scientific meetings and in publications
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in life sciences or other relevant field
- 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Expert level flow cytometry data analysis for multi-color data sets
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Must have the ability to organize and analyze data, as well as, prepare reports
- Must possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad Prism and Flowjo
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Extended work hours may be occasionally necessary in order to meet business demands
- The ability to see and differentiate between colors on the full color spectrum
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- A solid understanding of current GLP or CAP/CLIA/ISO standards
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Frederick - 8425 Precision Way, Suite M, Frederick MD 21701
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frederick, Maryland US