Associate Director, Business Development (Norton)
Location: Norton, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 6193
Position Title: Associate Director, Business Development
Do you consider yourself a self-starter with a real passion for projects involving innovative health economic concepts? Are you a confident leader among both internal teams and in front of clients? If you love being a leader and a collaborator, and sharing your knowledge to help encourage team members - keep reading!
The Associate Director, Business Development will be responsible for identifying, engaging, developing, and closing significant business opportunities for Precision Biospecimen Solutions in the assigned area of responsibility and/or region.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Identifies opportunities for Biospecimen products and services, with an emphasis on biofluids, prospective collections, biostorage and study kitting
- Builds and maintains Organization Mapping of Key Clients
- Retains and grows existing account base through the identification of new opportunities and exploring potential cross selling
- Follows up on all marketing leads and website inquiries to qualify leads
- Cold calls and emails, as appropriate, within the given geographic market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Identifies potential clients and decision makers within the client organization, perform needs analysis, identify opportunity and follow up with potential customers
- Ensures that any client complaints are forwarded to the appropriate individual(s) and ultimately resolved in a prompt and professional manner
- Closes new business and expands existing business relationships
- Connects SME’s and other BD’s where added value to client is available
- Establishes a strong working relationship with marketing, clinical operations, lab operations, and Project Management
- Qualifies & enriches in-bound leads
- Extracts and Documents key data elements to hand off to Proposal team for quoting
- Leverages Operations and Project Management to determine budgets and pricing.
- Closes business and organically develops future – recurring business.
- Attends conferences, trade shows and meetings as required
- Maintains contacts and opportunities using SalesForce.com
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or related field
- 1-2 years of sales experience in Life Science or Healthcare industry OR
- 2+years of Laboratory Research, Service, or customer support in Life Science field
- Team player willing to collaborate and share knowledge
- Ability to work independently, manage time and create plans to achieve personal goal
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and act tactically in a dynamic environment
- Track record of successive increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven command of basic Life Science terminology and application.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated to work at a highly technical level
- Willing to travel within territory up to 35%
- Must possess a valid driver’s license allowing you to drive in the state(s) you drive in
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally including overnight stays
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Biospecimen Solutions
Office Based: Norton - 10 Commerce Way # C2 Norton, MA 02766
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Business Development (Norton)
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norton, Massachusetts US