Medical Director - Writer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 5800
Position Title: Medical Director
We have lots to say about changing the standard of care and want those who share our passion to know they may have a home with us. Do you have an idea you are craving to defend? A belief that the work a communications agency crafts should be as impactful as the innovations their healthcare clients offer? If you have a strong voice and a rare point of view we promise to listen and provide an environment for you to continue to develop your skills; a place where building your confidence and growing your career is nurtured and valued.
We are innovators, strategists and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry’s best-in-class to change the standard of care. We are known as one of the top tier healthcare communications agencies devoted to medical devices, diagnostics, and specialty pharmaceuticals. We have an unparalleled understanding of market dynamics, a deft hand at translating technical advances into compelling programs for customer adoption, and a willingness to creatively utilize unrivaled channels to communicate clients' messages. Adding talent that delivers exceptional creative work will positon us to consistently be recognized by clients, peers and professional organizations and be able to celebrate your achievements.
You can become an integral part of the team in developing, collaborating and communicating the deep science to bring our client’s brands to life.
We enjoy translating in-depth scientific data into everyday conversation. We are passionate about medical technologies that will disrupt the market. Join us as a Medical Director in our growing Boston office in a role that will allow you to apply your medical expertise, scientific understanding and strategic insight to create the breakthrough clinical content our clients expect.
- You love using your scientific knowledge, medical information and your writing skills to provide medical insights, give creative ideas and develop high quality content
- You stay on top of trends in the medical/scientific community across therapeutic areas
- You find fulfillment being both strategic and hands on; rolling up your sleeves and taking projects from start to finish
- You successfully develop and cultivate relationships with business partners. Motivating and leading teams effectively comes natural to you
- You are known for having an eye for detail—accurately conveying complex information in a simple way
- You are naturally curious, a life-long learner; having an insatiable interest in health and medicine
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge through various channels
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the creative team's point person for scientific literature, research publications, clinical study reports, clinical and treatment protocols, and pharmaceutical and regulatory documentation
- Identify and pursue research and literature search needs, and translate findings
- Serve as primary writer on wide range of medical communications
- Work with creative teams to ensure all deliverables are clinically and scientifically accurate
- Communicate effectively with clients to draw out critical information
- Present work clearly and objectively always being open to feedback
- Stay current on industry practices and regulatory requirements that affect medical content and copy
- Advanced degree in life sciences, PhD, PharmD, MD or DO
- Work Experience: 5+ of experience in medical education/medical communications or similar field in a client-facing medical lead role, responsible for development of clinical content.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONeffect
Office Based: Boston - 101 Tremont Street, Floors 2/3/4/5, Boston, MA 02108
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Director - Writer
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US