Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Id: 5730
Position Title: Technologist I
Are you a curious, creative problem solver that is passionate about changing patients' lives who enjoys working as a part of a team? If so, we want you to join our team of renowned scientific authorities who are making a difference through the delivery of groundbreaking assay results using clinical specimens to accelerate drugs into the clinic.
At Precision, we believe that the era of one-size-fits-all medication is giving way to a next generation of treatments, medicines that will be more effective because they are prescribed according to the unique biology of an individual patient. Our mission is to help innovative biotech and pharmaceutical companies accelerate the development of these life-changing treatments. We do this by developing assays that utilize biomarkers to help identify the right patient for the right drug. We also handle every aspect of clinical trials from initial strategy and design to selecting sites and managing trial data.
How you will make a difference:
You will need to have a broad skill set and good troubleshooting skills within the laboratory setting. Be able to work with scientists to develop and perform assays for molecular biology projects through assay development, validation, and execution phases in a timely manner. Perform assays according to SOPs and support development of new procedures and improvement of existing SOPs. Also, familiar and operating under CLIA. Responsible for training other staff.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Ability and willingness to learn and execute techniques related to RNA and DNA extractions, qPCR, NGS or other molecular biology platforms
- Run quality control samples; Run clinical samples and generate data
- Maintain a stock of all needed reagents and consumables
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting as required
- Work with scientists to carry out qualification of assays for new projects
- Work with QA (Quality Assurance) to perform good documentation, and to ensure the lab operating under CLIA, GLP and GCP standards
- Train new personnel on project related assays, daily lab work and SOPs.
- Participate in cross-functional process improvement activities
- May need to complete freezer transfers, generate reports, and coordinate with QC and entry of locations into the BSI
- Other duties as assigned
- Technologist I-III Bachelor’s Degree (Life Sciences, Biology or other related discipline) and 1-4 years of prior related laboratory experience
- Skilled with molecular biology techniques
- Ability to be flexible and complete shift work which occasionally requires long hours, work on the evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Someone who is a good team player, detail-oriented and organized, can work under pressure and has good oral and written communication skills
- This person can contribute to quality control of reagents through a variety of tests, and writing of SOPs
- Superior attention to detail, ability and willingness to effectively scrutinize data and ability to work well in a group environment
- Must possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion required
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead with assistance; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- 4 years of related experience, preferably in NGS core facility or NGS lab
- MB (ASCP) certification a plus but not a requirement
- Wet lab experience in the entire NGS workflow (Illumina or Ion Torrent), from library preparation to sequencing
- Experience in quantitative PCR (qPCR), digital droplet PCR (ddPCR) and NanoString is a plus
- Experience in DNA and RNA extractions from a variety of sources is a plus
- Solid lab experience with multiple skill sets
- A solid understanding of current GLP or CAP/CLIA/ISO standards
- Have a documentation background in a laboratory setting with respect to regulatory guidelines (cGMP, cGLP or ISO) and SOPs
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Houston - 2575 W Bellfort Ave #190, Houston, TX 77054
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Technologist
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US