Business Intelligence Analyst I and II - Pharma Analytics (Remote - Chicago based)
Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Job Id: 5346
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst II
Are you a problem-solver who thrives in a data rich environment in the Life Sciences space? Do you love mentoring and encouraging others? Join our Personalized Access & Reimbursement team within PRECISIONxtract where we excel at understanding the ever-changing and complex healthcare market and helping pharmaceutical and biotech clients drive the greatest performance for their products through innovative analytics, strategies, and tools.
Highly analytical, dedicated professionals who also love data, thrive in the details and want to flourish in a growing company an outstanding fit for us. We are excited to bring a forward-thinking, motivated Business Intelligence Analyst onto our growing team.
Business Intelligence Analysts (BIA I & II) play a meaningful role in achieving our team’s goal of exceeding customers’ expectations with leading edge data management and data-driven insights and applications.
A Glimpse of What Your Day-to-day will look like:
- Design, develop and administer a system for self and others to evaluate appropriateness of data for analytic hypotheses and applications
- Develop and direct a process to clean and integrate complex healthcare datasets in order to create the data foundation for further analytics, client applications, and the development of key client insights
- Contribute client team meetings for client engagements and strategic projects requiring complex data management support
- Oversee and summarize processes in logical and understandable formats for other team members including data manipulation and dataset preparation for client engagement analytics and applications
- Ensure quality of output by submitting work product for quality checks and reviews and performing similar functions for other staff
- Communicate IS system, security and storage performance issues directly to Solution Architect for collaborative resolution
In addition to the above, the BIA II:
- Program Ad hoc reports and queries based on client requirements
- Responsible for designing and developing database layer for core applications using SQL Server or other software packages as appropriate for project demands
- Develop and manage advanced ETL processes to acquire and load large datasets
- Provide guidance and training as requested by leadership
- Bachelor's degree
- BIA I: 1-3 years / BIA II: 3-5 years industry experience with evident proficiency and hands-on expertise using Microsoft SQL Server
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Degree concentration in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Information Systems or Information Sciences.
- Proficiency in VBA, SSIS and SSRS or database administration experience
- Experience in descriptive statistics
- Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry experience
Who We Are:
For today’s innovators of tomorrow’s cures, Precision Value & Health has the scientists, strategists and solutions our client's need to go from promises to proof, and evidence to access. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management. We have locations across the US, as well as Vancouver BC and London.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONxtract
Office Based: Remote
Employment Type: NA
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available:
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Business Intelligence Analyst I and II - Pharma Analytics (Remote - Chicago based)
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US