Research Statistician - Evidence Synthesis
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Job Id: 4947
Position Title: Research Statistician
Are you a self-starter with a passion for projects involving innovative health economic concepts? If you a natural "doer" who enjoys collaborating, moving the ball forward and rolling up your sleeves - keep reading!
Our culture is similar to that of a start-up, but in a well-funded established global portfolio organization. Our team has a real passion and excitement for HEOR, priding ourselves on being leaders with vision in our field. We work hard and play hard. We love to collaborate outside of work too. Be it running groups, book clubs and team outings...we have FUN together.
We are growing and seeking those who are passionate about Health Economics and Outcome Research; researchers who love the prospect of collaborating with a diverse team of scientists and who look to make a real difference.
What you can expect day-to-day:
As Research Statistician, you will perform a wide range of activities including: literature reviews; analysis; preparing reports, slide decks and meeting notes; and quality assurance/review. You will independently complete, evidence synthesis projects, including: client management; systematic literature review (SLR); (network) meta-analysis; economic modeling; and dissemination of results.
Essential duties but are not limited to:
- Develops client-ready deliverables in terms of protocols (SLR of cost-effectiveness modeling), statistical analysis plans (evidence synthesis), technical reports, and slides, identifying necessary deviations from templates to ensure content aligns with objectives
- Develops content for components of proposals in collaboration with senior team members in terms of proposed methods and scope of work
- Accountable for timely delivery and financial performance of project subcomponents; estimates required hours and identifies challenges early on; and communicates any changes and possible solutions to project lead if necessary
- Drafts and reviews update slides/minutes and actions for overall study and viewed by client as independent researcher for specific study component(s)
- Communicates with client frequently on calls and supports project lead in responding to emails; may also be involved in face-to-face presentations to clients
- Breaks down complex project tasks or project subcomponents into manageable components and approaches them in logical and clear manner
- Highlights resourcing constraints for project subcomponents to project or team lead and identifies tasks where support is needed from junior team members
- Identifies new opportunities within existing projects/clients
- Participates in, and occasionally leads group strategy discussions
- Guides junior teams members
- Leads publication independently to implement own ideas
- Master’s degree in economics, health services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, public policy, health policy, or public health or related
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience
- Experience in advanced statistical analysis and network meta-analysis (evidence synthesis)
- Experience programming in R and WinBUGS/OpenBUGS/JAGS; experience in SAS, STATA, Matlab and other programs are assets
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills
- Degree concentration in biostatistics, applied statistics, epidemiology, operations research, economics, econometrics, industrial engineering or other relevant field
- Experience in systematic literature reviews
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with deadline driven work in a consulting environment
For today’s innovators of tomorrow’s cures, Precision Value & Health has the scientists, strategists and solutions our client's need to go from promises to proof, and evidence to access. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management. We have locations across the US, as well as Vancouver BC and London.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONheor
Office Based: Vancouver -1505 West 2nd Avenue, Suite 302, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3Y4
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Community / Marketing Title: Research Statistician - Evidence Synthesis
State: British Columbia
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA