Associate Director, Brand Strategy
Location: Costa Mesa, California US
Job Id: 4694
Position Title: Associate Director, Brand Strategy
Did you start asking questions when you were three and never stop?
Psychology, anthropology, science, pop culture, the human experience — you enjoy diving deep into it all to surface the nugget that ignites. You're an associate brand strategist, and if you're looking for the real human stories, you'll find them in healthcare. We are looking for dedicated professionals who want to contribute unconventional strategy resulting in award-winning creative for our top pharma clients.
We welcome and champion fun, meaningful, hard, and rewarding experiences to deliver impactful results time and time again. We are a group of healthcare enthusiasts who relish the ability to educate, engage, and activate on our client's behalf. Our clients deliver exceptional products that change people's lives. We create extraordinary messaging that changes minds; that's just who we are. And it's the only way we work.
We are teammates that understand success is not stagnant. It is never "one" and "done," sharing an unspoken agreement to always improve and dazzle - adding a dash of love resulting in influencing changing the standard of care.
- You are both left and right-brained. You enjoy both the creative process as well as qualitative and quantitive research.
- You can synthesis complex science.
- A born storyteller-- you are adept at creating and crafting a compelling narrative that both engages and compels.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you're continually learning and hungry to understand brands and therapeutic areas.
- You have an eagle eye for the details and a keen fact-checker who loves getting into the nitty-gritty to make sure every bit is accurate and on strategy.
- You strive to collaborate with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- You are flexible, able to handle multiple projects at once and do your best work in an energizing environment
Essential functions (include but are not limited to):
- Develop a deep understanding of the nuances of each client's market and business
- Ensure team's work is grounded in market understanding and is providing actionable insight to clients above and beyond scoped work
- Identify gaps in knowledge and propose and sell-in solutions for addressing gaps
- Ensure team's work is grounded in voice of the customer
- Keep plugged into our account, data, digital creative teams to keep them informed, inspired, and on-brief
- Provide strategic guidance to internal teams and clients on significant accounts
- Lead development of creative briefs, behavioral strategic maps and foundational elements (brand vision, positioning, message platforms, and value propositions) for assigned clients as well as workshop development and implementation
- Play a key role in significant client meetings, workshops, and internal reviews
- Seek and help the agency develop trusted senior-level relationships with clients that fosters ongoing dialogue
- Review key presentations and conducts audits of and reports on team progress
Put your big-picture thinking and differentiating insights into effect. precisioneffect empowers those with a strong voice and a differentiating point of view. And if you haven't found yours already, know we plan to inspire you, with the promise you'll be heard. It's hard to ask for more from a workplace where you'll build your confidence and grow your career. Join our team of innovators, strategists, and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry's best, most notable, and brightest to change the standard of care.
Who we are
precisioneffect is the leading healthcare advertising agency devoted to medical devices, diagnostics, and specialty pharmaceuticals. With offices in Boston, Mass., and Costa Mesa, Calif., the agency has an unparalleled understanding of market dynamics, a deft hand at translating technical advances into compelling programs for customer adoption, and a willingness to creatively utilize unique channels to communicate clients' messages The agency has consistently been recognized by clients, peers and professional organizations for its outstanding creative work.
Minimum required: Bachelor's degree
Other Required: 6+ years agency and strategy experience or equivalent with significant experience managing multiple accounts
Preferred qualifications: Pharmaceutical experience
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: precisioneffect
Office Based: Costa Mesa - 3200 Park Center Drive, Suite 400, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Brand Strategy
City: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Costa Mesa, California US