Biorepository Technician - Clinical Trials/Research Specimen Support
Location: Frederick, Maryland US
Job Id: 4563
Position Title: Biorepository Technician I
Join us to gain exposure as to how we accelerate innovation to support the development of new treatments. As a precision medicine clinical research services organization, we bring together new technologies, expertise and operational scale to help the life sciences improve the speed, cost and success rate of bringing life-changing therapies to patients.
We support hiring lab technicians throughout the year. You will gain experience processing samples; unpacking and inventorying them to our freezers in our state of the art Specialty Labs facility (Biorepository) currently housing over 25 million specimens! Depending on business need select techs may have expanded shipping & receiving responsibilities to include purchased goods (e.g. clinical trial materials, office supplies and all things being received).
Schedule: 7:30am-4:00pm, 8:00am-4:30pm, or 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
When biospecimens are returned to our facility or requested for further testing by our clients, our Techs play a meaningful role in processing biological samples in an accurate and timely manner. As a highly regulated industry, subject to frequent audits, professionals who are detailed and skilled with repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment are encouraged to consider this opportunity.
What your day to day will look like:
- Delivering error-free workmanship
- Unpacking specimens and recording all pertinent information in Incoming Shipment Batch and Incoming folder
- Distributing confirmation of shipment receipt form if required by project
- Checking information on sample vial against information provided by the study site or data coordinating center
- Correcting paperwork where necessary and informing Supervisor of any discrepancies
- Assisting data entry in generation of reports and inventory work lists as well as perform first key of data collection sheets
- Performing quality control checks of sample inventory and verification of outgoing samples
- Storing incoming samples at appropriate temperature following guidelines set by Supervisor
- Pulling samples according to requisition, SOP, and instructions
- Updating Outgoing Batch Records
- Preparing shipments (dangerous and non-dangerous goods) for Commercial or local courier
Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience and 2 years’ of general working experience.
- Good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and works well in a group environment
- Familiarity with excel and basic functions with the programFlexible agile teammate who can change activities and directions quickly and respond to a variety of assignment and changing business needs
- Ability to lift and carry between 31-50 lbs.; frequently required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods; occasionally required to squat, bend, stoop, push, kneel, reach and perform tasks with repetitive motion; Will be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- 1 year of relevant lab experience, including basic laboratory skills and trained in aseptic technique. Biology or Science related academic concentration.
- Shipping & Receiving experience
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Frederick - 8425 Precision Way, Suite M, Frederick MD 21701
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Biorepository Technician - Clinical Trials/Research Specimen Support
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frederick, Maryland US