Research Scientist / Sr. Research Scientist - HEOR
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 4539
Position Title: Research Scientist
Are you a self-starter with a passion for projects involving innovative health economic concepts? If you a natural "doer" who enjoys collaborating, moving the ball forward and rolling up your sleeves - keep reading!
Our culture is similar to that of a start-up, but in a well-funded established global portfolio organization. Our team has a real passion and excitement for HEOR and we pride ourselves on being leaders with vision in our field. We love to collaborate outside of work too. Be it running groups, book clubs and team outings...we have FUN together.
We are growing and seeking those who are passionate about Health Economics and Outcome Research; researchers who are passionate about the prospect of collaborating with a diverse team of scientists and who look to make a real difference.
We hire throughout the year at varying levels of experience and offer these opportunities out of our NYC, Boston, LA and Oakland offices.
Research Scientists collaborate across a broad portfolio of sophisticated health economic and health policy research projects as a member of a project team; and they understand how to create the data foundation needed to provide the statistical analysis framework for projects. In collaboration with the project lead, conduct statistical analysis and modeling procedures, and contribute to interpretation of the results from statistical procedures and models in order to address client’s research questions.
Additional day to day activities may include:
- Perform project management functions including managing timelines, client communications, scheduling, note taking to assure a project progresses.
- Collect data using targeted and systematic literature review methods, including developing data collection criteria, collection tools, performing literature searches, and abstracting relevant data.
- Conduct data analysis using appropriate methodological tools and programs including SAS, STATA, and Excel.
- Develop written materials (reports, manuscripts, slide decks) for presenting project results, and performs basic copy/editing for grammar and spelling.
- Participate and effectively communicate in internal team discussions and in meetings with external stakeholders and clients.
- May be asked to perform other project-related and infrastructure activities such as: recruiting experts for meetings, advisory groups, or panels; contributing to or reviewing proposals; assisting with problem-solving; researching potential solutions; among others.
- Masters' degree
- 2-5 years' experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with business applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook)
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Degree concentration in economics, health services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, public policy, health policy, or public health or related
- Experience with statistical programs such as R, Stata or SAS
- Experience in conducting literature reviews, systematic reviews, scoping reviews, rapid reviews, or critical reviews
- Experience conducting and interpreting statistical analyses
- Experience writing scientific or review papers
- Understanding of medical terminology and/or any disease-specific expertise
For today’s innovators of tomorrow’s cures, PRECISIONheor has the results-driven scientists, strategists and solutions our client's need to go from promises to proof, and evidence to access. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management. We have locations across the US, as well as Vancouver BC and London.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONheor
Office Based: Boston - 133 Federal St, Boston, MA 02110
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Research Scientist / Sr. Research Scientist - HEOR
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US