Business Development Associate - Life sciences
Location: New York, New York US
Job Id: 4532
Position Title: Business Development Associate
Who We Are:
PRECISIONheor is an award-winning global healthcare market access consultancy within Precision Medicine Group. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management.
We provide powerful research skills to positively impact payer and purchaser decision-making, which allows organizations to assess appropriate populations for therapies and potential expand access for life-saving and altering medical interventions.
With offices in New York, Boston, Oakland, Vancouver and London, our team has experienced rapid growth and includes a collection of professionals from around the globe with experience across multiple disciplines: former payer executives, academics, pharma marketers, and consultants—all passionate about generating solutions to our customers’ value and access needs.
We are looking for a successful Business Development Associate to support our sales team across PRECISIONheor, with a focus on our HEOR services. This practice contains a set of analytics products and well as more traditional consulting services. The role can be based out of our New York City or Boston offices.
- You are an outstanding communicator
- You are hardworking, fearless, forward-thinking, credible, conscientious and creative.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You are agile when it comes to networking and always invest the time to know all the players.
- You know how to find your own leads and won't wait until someone else gives them to you.
How we will keep you busy, support your growth and how you can make a difference:
In this exciting role, you will focus on working with our business development/sales, operations and research teams and acts as a bridge between internal and external groups. The BDA, and is responsible for facilitating effective communication of progress towards contract closure, early identification of delays, issues or other notable deviations from contracting practices, and to assist the BD team in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of outreach to new and existing clients. The BDA is someone who has exposure to, but need not be an expert in, project management.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Track and bring-to-closure all new research contracts, including amendments to existing work. This will involve close liaison with internal and client-based administrative, contracting, finance, and procurement staff.
- Seek out and identify potential new business opportunities (“prospecting”) with a level of rigor that allows the BDA to engage his/her BD colleagues in order to pursue a lead that has been qualified according to agreed-upon criteria.
- Review and mine existing client data to identify opportunities to reconnect to prior clients.
- Identify areas for improvement in our BD/sales contracting and prospecting approach and work with operations, finance and our research teams to implement new tools, methods and processes that will improve efficiency and increase quality.
- Perform other BD and sales related activities as the need arises by BD colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical or operational field
- Exceptional skills with MS Suite of products
- Familiarity and facility with SalesForce.com
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONheor
Office Based: New York - 530 7th Avenue, Suite 1601, New York, NY, 10018
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Associate - Life sciences
City: New York
State: New York
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US