Research Associate - Flow Cytometry
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Id: 4477
Position Title: Research Associate
Are you a curious, creative problem solver that is passionate about changing patients' lives? Do you enjoy working as a part of a team? If so, we want you to join our team of reowned scientific authorities who are making a difference through the delivery of groundbreaking assay results using clinical specimens to accelerate drugs into the clinic.
At Precision, we believe that the era of one-size-fits-all medication is giving way to a next generation of treatments, medicines that will be more effective because they are prescribed according to the unique biology of an individual patient. Our mission is to help innovative biotech and pharmaceutical companies accelerate the development of these life-changing treatments. We do this by developing assays that utilize biomarkers to help identify the right patient for the right drug. We also handle every aspect of clinical trials from initial strategy and design to selecting sites and managing trial data.
In this role, you will independently perform cell based and/or flow cytometry assays for complex scientific projects. This position will work out of our Redwood City, CA facility, Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30AM–5PM. Overtime hours are expected based on business need.
How you will make a difference:
- You will perform routine cell based assays such as ELISpot and multi-color flow cytometry assays supporting clinical trials according to Standard Operating Procedures including performing assay development, qualifications and validations as needed
- You will complete all paperwork thoroughly and accurately for QA/QC and GxP purposes using Good Documentation Practices and updates computer-tracking systems, as required
- You will analyze, organize and QC data prior to submission
- You will ensure lab maintenance activities and equipment calibration are performed according to schedule and also maintain a clean and safe lab environment
- Bachelor’s degree (Cell Biology, Immunology or Life Sciences) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Possess basic laboratory skills and be trained in aseptic technique
- Requires good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and work well in a group environment
- Ability to interact and function in a highly productive work environment
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Experience performing ELISpot assays and/or multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors)
- Experience operating BD flow cytometers
- Previous experience in a GLP/GCLP environment and/or with a QMS
- Knowledge of FlowJo and Graphpad Prism software
- Experienced in using data analysis software like MS Excel, Graph Pad Prism and other statistical analysis software
Precision for Medicine supports life sciences companies in the use of biomarkers essential to targeting patient treatments more precisely and effectively. Precision applies novel biomarker approaches to clinical research that take advantage of the latest advancements in science and technology, focusing predominantly on genomics, immune-response assays, global specimen logistics, biomarker analytics, companion diagnostics, and clinical trial execution. Precision for Medicine is part of Precision Medicine Group, with nearly 2,000 employees in 34 locations in the US, Canada, and Europe.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Redwood City - 2686 Middlefield Road, Suite C, D, & E, Redwood City, CA 94063
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Research Associate - Flow Cytometry
City: Redwood City
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US