Program Director - Medical Communications
Location: Yardley, Pennsylvania US
Job Id: 4441
Position Title: Program Director
Are you committed to build a department that is performing at high levels and premier quality? We are looking for a subject matter expert in training and development, innovative and digital programming, onboarding new clients, financial management and operational efficiency. If you think you can be part of our "we culture" we want to hear from you!
Supporting and leading $7M to $10M in business operations will be the norm! As a highly respected leader in the company; an eye for business will play an active role in identifying and resolving team or client challenges, inefficiencies, and opportunities.
ETHOS is a rapidly growing, high-energy, team-focused company committed to improving patient outcomes. We welcome employees that are dedicated, possess a can-do attitude, and strive to make a meaningful impact through the interpretation and communication of science.
These terms describe you; intuitive, inventive, transparent, reliable, responsible, punctual, organized and efficient
Become the informative problem-solver with the positive attitude that focuses on bringing together the right people to progress solutions and a clear path forward. Ability to identify areas of inefficiency or opportunity to work differently.
Extraordinary verbal, written and interpersonal communication with internal and client team including significant diplomatic, persuasive and instructional skills
Taking charge of a large number of projects with multiple staff members, tight deadlines and intricate details.
Proficiency in all MS Office programs including MS Project and search engines
Financial proficiency will keep the team billable, help develop budgets, and monitor and run the programs appropriately. Assess and resolve any challenges that impact projects and have a negative impact on budgets and timing
Day to Day
- Supervises a team of 3-5 direct reports and up to 20 indirect PM reports
- Responsible for selecting, hiring, onboarding, training, preparing and conducting performance reviews and remediation
- Ensure PM team members are assigned to the right teams that will give them development opportunities and demonstrate their unique contributions. As well as chip in to creating the right department/team structure for optimal results
- Leads sunset meetings to collect and implement key findings for key completed complex projects
- Develops, maintains and publishes SOPs and any deviations that are team specific. This includes means of communication, utilization of all tools, work flow, roles and responsibilities of team members, and expectations for key documents
- Create benchmarks and consistently use metrics to identify ways that teams, projects and the company can become more profitable. Call out any issues internally or externally that may hinder our client or our company’s financial success
- Drive a longer-view project planning and scoping process to ensure that clients and our teams are adequately staffed
- Collaborates with new business development by providing timelines, Gantt chart, and ballpark estimates, attend business pitches, when required. As well as collaborate with the other Program Directors to assess and update the department SOPs will ensure compliance and consistency with all staff. All of the Program Directors will also assess, update and implement workflow SOPs and facilitate training for the team.
- Own the internal transition from the new business team to your teams to ensure infrastructure is in place, projects and plans are developed and teams are aligned for success at 30-, 60-, 90-days. Transition fully to inline teams at that point and periodically check in to ensure we are on track.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years of project management experience in a pharmaceutical-related service-based business such as medical communications, advertising, sales training or digital production
- We will accept equivalent work experience of at least 10 years.
- Experience with Workzone and Workfront preferred.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: ETHOS Health Communications
Office Based: Yardley - 777 Township Line Rd, #300, Yardley, PA 19067
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Program Director - Medical Communications
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Yardley, Pennsylvania US