Research Assistant - Fresh Biological Samples
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Id: 4419
Position Title: Research Assistant
Precision for Medicine develops assays and runs global logistics by using biomarkers to stratify patients, incomparably improving R&D efficiency and success for our clients. We lead every aspect of our clinical trials from sites to biomarkers to diagnostics, all under a single roof. We dramatically accelerate our clients pathway from proof of concept to drug approval.
We specialize in vitro and ex vivo assays achieving a range of research, safety, efficacy, and biomarker objectives to speed and streamline research and clinical trials. We use Multiplatform immune monitoring solutions from preclinical through phase 3 studies, supported by our global biorepository footprint, cell biology, sample processing, and molecular capabilities. We honor our clients need for high-quality, accurate study results, by delivering meticulous sample handling and sophisticated global logistics—always utilizing industry-leading quality systems, including GxP, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, College of American Pathologists (CAP), and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Because Clinical trials depend on biological specimen samples being collected and deposited on a continual basis, you will process biospecimens when they return to our facility or are requested for further testing, ultimately playing a meaningful role in helping patients gain access to the treatment they need.
- You prefer working behind the scenes - not everyone wants to be center stage and that's okay!
- You appreciate routine tasks and find it easy to remain focused
- An environment that changes rapidly to keep pace with advancements in technology is exciting to you- resulting in a great sense of accomplishment and continual improvement
- You are seeking a stable career with a growing organization where you can chip in right away and continue to grow as a professional
- You are deeply detail oriented and value accuracy and thoroughness
In this role:
- You will process fresh patient specimens and nonclinical samples
- You will perform PMBC or cell subset isolations, plasma fractionations, serum separations, cell thawing, cell counting and generating whole blood aliquots.
- You will receive and process nonclinical samples such as whole blood units and/or leukopaks
Note: Hours for this position are Tuesday-Saturday, 9am-5pm PST
- Bachelor of science degree with a concentration in Biology, Chemistry or Life Sciences
- Basic laboratory skills and prior training in aseptic technique
- Good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and shown ability to work well in a group environment
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Proven ability to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- 1-2 year’s relevant lab experience
- Isolating PBMCs from whole blood or leucopheresis
- LIMS and QMS experience
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Redwood City - 2686 Middlefield Road, Suite C, D, & E, Redwood City, CA 94063
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Research Assistant - Fresh Biological Samples
City: Redwood City
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US