Senior Medical Editor/Proofreader - Healthcare Advertising Agency
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 4366
Position Title: Senior Medical Editor
Are you a science geek that spots errors a mile off -misplaced decimal, wrong reference, DNA masquerading as RNA? Are you equal parts right and left brain, loving medical technology as much as the written word? Does working with a respected team of editorial master excite you? We are looking for dedicated professionals who want to take part in ensuring our award-winning creative materials crafted for top pharma clients are production ready.
We welcome and champion fun, meaningful, hard and rewarding experiences to deliver impactful results time and time again. We are a group of healthcare enthusiasts who relish the ability to educate, engage and activate on our clients behalf. Our clients deliver exceptional products that change people’s lives. We create extraordinary messaging that changes minds; that’s just who we are. And it’s the only way we work.
We are teammates that understand success is not stagnant. It is never "one" and "done," sharing an unspoken agreement to always improve and dazzle - adding a dash of love resulting in influencing changing the standard of care.
- “Error-free” is your middle name; you’ve always enjoyed proofreading and editing from menus and school papers to medical marketing materials.
- You follow the rules-- using AMA writing style, MLR guidelines, the client’s style guide and the rules of proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You have an eagle eye for typos and other errors and a keen fact-checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure every bit is accurate.
- You love collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and fast without sacrificing accuracy.
- You are flexible, handling multiple projects at once and do your best work in an energizing environment.
What Your Day to Day will look like:
You will be responsible for reviewing and editing all materials at required stages—including scientific platforms, core claims and messaging documents, ads, collateral, white papers, direct mail, websites/interactive, presentations—for written clarity, accuracy/appropriateness, legal/regulatory, consistency, style, and grammar.
- Develop a fundamental, actionable understanding of the science relating to each client’s product and fact check all materials using references and annotations provided by copywriter/medical writer
- Research using websites and primary source documents, e.g., PubMed, ClinicalTrials.gov
- Review all created materials for intent, accuracy, claims support, style, and consistency
- Confirm materials adhere to FDA guidelines for fair balance, naming, risk information, etc.
- Provide recommended copyedits to align content appropriately
- Proficient in and enforce precisioneffect editorial standards using approved resources, e.g., Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, The Chicago Manual of Style, and American Medical Association Manual of Style
- Create and maintain custom style guides for each client, noting client trademark information, legal/signoff information, style preferences, and associated safety information
- Attend regulatory committee reviews as needed
- Impart knowledge of statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data
- Serve as agency resource for industry compliance issues as they impact communications tactics
- Substantively edit complex medical and scientific documents and collaborate with colleagues to ensure that the materials are factually accurate
- Proofread layout materials to ensure that they match approved copy exactly and that the format, organization, alignment, and spacing of copy and graphics are consistent and adhere to established standards
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure an overall high level of quality regarding content, organization, clarity, accuracy, format, style, and consistency; meet established timelines
- Identify copyrighted material that requires permission for reproduction; process permission request when required
Put your big-picture thinking and differentiating insights into effect. precisioneffect empowers those with a strong voice and a differentiating point of view. And if you haven’t found yours already, know we plan to inspire you, with the promise you’ll be heard. It’s hard to ask for more from a workplace where you’ll build your confidence and grow your career. Join our team of innovators, strategist and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry’s best, most notable and brightest to change the standard of care.
Who we are
We are the leading healthcare advertising agency devoted to medical devices, diagnostics, and specialty pharmaceuticals. With offices in Boston, Mass., and Costa Mesa, Calif., the agency has an unparalleled understanding of market dynamics, a deft hand at translating technical advances into compelling programs for customer adoption, and a willingness to creatively utilize unique channels to communicate clients' messages The agency has consistently been recognized by clients, peers and professional organizations for its outstanding creative work.
Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree
- 5+years’ experience in editing with medical communication agency; experience in pharmaceutical, medical, legal, and regulatory committee reviews
- Knowledge of Windows OS platform, including Microsoft Word
- Proficient in editorial standards: American Medical Association Manual of Style, Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, The Chicago Manual of Style
- Knowledge of FDA Guidelines
- Familiarity with electronic project management/routing systems
- May require travel domestically and/or internationally including overnight stays
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: precisioneffect
Office Based: Boston - 101 Tremont Street, Floors 2/3/4/5, Boston, MA 02108
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Medical Editor/Proofreader - Healthcare Advertising Agency
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US