Medical Editors - Associate Level - Market Access Agency
Location: Gladstone, New Jersey US
Job Id: 4358
Position Title: Associate Medical Editor / Medical Editor / Senior Medical Editor
If you have proven editorial experience in an agency environment, love science and are passionate about playing a role in the development and delivery of high-quality materials to ensure the overall success of the projects for our pharmaceutical clients, we would love to hear from you!
Precision for Value is the top payer marketing agency in the country. We partner with global pharmaceutical and life sciences companies who are developing groundbreaking treatments to make medicines accessible and affordable. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. With us, you will collaborate with teams as we improve market access and support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the globe.
We comprise teams of varying levels of experience and hire on & off throughout the year; Associate Medical Editors, Medical Editors, and Senior Medical Editors. Our editors handle range of editorial services including; medical editing, copy-editing, proofreading, and fact checking of pharmaceutical marketing materials.
- “Error-free” is your middle name; you’ve always enjoyed proofreading and editing, from menus and school papers to medical marketing materials
- You follow the rules, using AMA writing style, MLR guidelines, the client’s style guide, and the rules of accurate sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas
- You have an eagle eye for typos and other errors and are a keen fact checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to ensure every bit is accurate
- Collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging and driven to meet deadlines inspires you.
- Working passionately and fast without sacrificing accuracy is your trademark
- You are flexible, able to prioritize multiple projects at once, and do your best work in an energizing environment
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Contributing to the content review process, reviewing and editing content of each project for accurate spelling, grammar, consistency, balance, tone, fulfillment of creative brief, correct client and AMA style, and appropriate and accurate referencing. Participating in development phase to initiate consistency in content and presentation outline. Ensuring all pieces are aligned with each client’s MLR submission guidelines and standards. Participating in the client medical/legal/regulatory submission process. Developing and maintaining editorial style guides for interdepartmental use.
- Collaborating with the internal team on content revisions, working with clinical services, account, creative, and other staff to facilitate project completion. Representing department at internal startup and status meetings.
- Mentoring & training department staff members and other partners as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar field
- Associate Medical Editor: 1 year of editorial experience
- Medical Editor: 3+ years of editing experience in healthcare communications and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Senior Medical Editor: 5+ years of the same meaningful experience
- Medical Editor/Senior Medical Editor: Detailed knowledge of AMA (10th edition) style
- Experienced in editing both print and digital materials and routing electronic files
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products as well as familiarity with editing in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience in advertising, pharmaceutical marketing, medical communications, and/or medical education industry
- Familiarity with Veeva, Zinc, or other MLR submissions systems
- Knowledge of FDA requirements with respect to pharmaceutical advertising
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision For Value
Office Based: Gladstone - 240 Main Street, Gladstone, NJ 07934
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Editors - Associate Level - Market Access Agency
State: New Jersey
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Gladstone, New Jersey US