Manager, Biomarker Data Management and Systems Integration - Clinical Trials
Location: Budapest, Budapest HU
Job Id: 4181
Position Title: Manager, Biomarker Data Mgmt & Sys Int
Effectively managing today’s explosive volume and diversity of data is critical to clinical trial success. You will provide technical management and leadership as well as programming and informatics services for our clients.
Why consider joining us?
Because we are not your typical technology company. Our Sponsors find the Precision approach of combining specialists and innovative informatics is transformative to its ability to reach key clinical trial objectives. Our cutting edge technology solutions (www.quartz.bio) are industry-leading in the space of biomarker data management and translational informatics enabling rapid data processing, querying, visualization and analysis of complex biomarker data via an exclusive data processing engine and a creative web-based user interface.
We are geneticists, immunologists, statisticians, systems biologists, data scientists, programmers, and software engineers passionate about advancing therapeutic development through biomarkers. Everyday QuartzBio helps our clients generate value from large-scale heterogeneous biomedical data—managing, analyzing, exploring, interpreting, and reporting—to create informed, sound, and actionable insights. This is where you come in!
A glimpse of what your day-to-day will look like:
- Providing technical leadership to a team of data scientists/bioinformaticians/developers.
- Creating production-level source code for use in biomarker data management, translational informatics, and biomarker driven clinical research. Developing documentation and data specifications. Performing source code validation and application testing.
- Communicating directly with domain experts to align on details, strategies, and important aspects of complex data and analyses.
- Performing work on complex problems of advanced scope and taking the lead to ensure projects are delivered on in scope, on budget and on time.
- Collaborating internally across Precision and externally with 3rd party clients and vendors.
- Contributing to the advancement of our technology-based Biomarker Data Management services.
Minimum Required: Masters in Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Biology or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or a related field or demonstrated competence and experience in the required activities for the role. At least 3 years managing technical/scientific team members.
- Expert knowledge in coding in various programming languages using best programming practices.
- Proven history successfully presenting work internally and externally and working independently with little to no instruction on routine work.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices selecting an approach for obtaining results.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, Great teammate contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment.
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language.
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands and to travel both domestically and internationally including overnight stays.
- Experience including; genomic data and/or public databases (eg TCGA, dbGaP), relational databases such as MySQL, source code management systems such as git and working efficiently under Unix/Linux environment.
- Processing biomarker data such as high-content flow cytometry, high throughput or targeted gene expression assays (eg NanoString, RNA-Seq), or other specialty lab data (e.g. immunoassays, IHC, SNP genotyping, qPCR).
- Previous technical management experience of a development team.
Precision for Medicine supports life sciences companies in the use of biomarkers essential to targeting patient treatments more precisely and effectively. Precision applies novel biomarker approaches to clinical research that take advantage of the latest advancements in science and technology, focusing predominantly on genomics, immune-response assays, global specimen logistics, biomarker analytics, companion diagnostics, and clinical trial execution. Precision for Medicine is part of Precision Medicine Group, LLC, with nearly 2,000 employees in 34 locations across North America and Europe.
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: QuartzBio
Office Based: Hungary - Argint International Kft., Bölöni György u. 22, 0/1/2 Floor, 1021Budapest, Hungary
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Biomarker Data Management and Systems Integration - Clinical Trials
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Budapest, Budapest HU