Research Scientist, Advanced Modeling - HEOR
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 4179
Position Title: Research Scientist
Are you an analytic thinker with a passion for projects involving innovative health economic concepts? If you’re a born problem-solver that will strive to put in the hard work to answer difficult research questions, join our Advanced Modeling team!
Collaborating across a broad portfolio of sophisticated health economic and health policy research projects, you will design, program, and interpret simulation and modeling frameworks; analyze and integrate multiple large datasets into analytic files to support modeling efforts; and develop predictive simulation models to address clients' research questions.
What you can expect day to day:
- Leading tasks or components of large, complex quantitative modeling projects and interpreting results with Sr Staff oversight
- Identifying and defining issues and problems, recommending solutions, and implementing them, including some direction or oversight at the project level.
- Performing analysis and applying your understanding to big picture project goals, with little direction.
- Developing written technical materials for both expert and lay audiences.
- Performing quality assurance and quality control on own and others’ work.
- Identifying risks and effectively executing strategies to minimize barriers to successfully completing deliverables
Minimum Required: Master's degree in biostatistics, applied statistics, operations research, economics, econometrics, industrial engineering, or related field
- Relevant research experience; 2 years (with PhD) or 5 years (with MS)
- Understanding of simulation methods (Markov models, microsimulation, etc.), optimization (linear, non-linear, stochastic), survival/mortality analysis, statistical modeling (logistic, ordinal, OLS, IV regressions, etc.)
- Proficiency in statistical and simulation programming, including at least two of any of the following; Stata, C++, R, Matlab, Python
- Understanding of observational human health research
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix operating system environment
- Experience using a code version control system (e.g. GitHub, Subversion, CVS)
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Preferred: Knowledge and experience working with relational databases
Who We Are:
PRECISIONheor is an award-winning global healthcare market access consultancy within Precision Medicine Group. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management.
We provide powerful research skills to positively impact payer and purchaser decision-making, which allows organizations to assess appropriate populations for therapies and potential expand access for life-saving and altering medical interventions.
With offices in New York, Boston, Oakland, Vancouver and London, our team has experienced rapid growth and includes a collection of professionals from around the globe with experience across multiple disciplines: former payer executives, academics, pharma marketers, and consultants—all passionate about generating solutions to our customers’ value and access needs.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONheor
Office Based: Boston - 133 Federal St, Boston, MA 02110
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: Yes
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Research Scientist, Advanced Modeling - HEOR
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US