Scientist – Bioanalytical Assays
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Id: 4001
Position Title: Scientist
Are you a curious, creative problem solver that is passionate about changing patients' lives? Do you enjoy working as a team in the use and development of leading-edge assays? If so, we want you to join us! We are a team of renowned scientific authorities who are making a difference through the delivery of groundbreaking assay results using clinical specimens to accelerate drugs into the clinic.
Our specialty in vitro and ex vivo assays achieve a variety of research, safety, efficacy, and biomarker objectives to speed and streamline research and clinical trials. Multiplatform immune monitoring solutions support our clients from preclinical through phase 3 studies, supported by our global biorepository footprint, cell biology, sample processing, and molecular capabilities. Because our clients need high-quality, accurate study results, we deliver meticulous sample handling and sophisticated global logistics—always utilizing industry-leading quality systems, including GxP, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, College of American Pathologists (CAP), and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
How you will make a difference:
As a Bioanalytical Scientist, you will supervise assigned laboratory staff to ensure assays are performed accurately and efficiently to support ongoing development, services and contract activities. You will design and perform experiments and independently and meticulously analyze and present the data. You will support the development of new procedures and be responsible for troubleshooting and correcting routine scientific issues and problems. You will also assist with writing and reviewing project reports and editing contract proposals. Accomplishment of these tasks will be done in a timely manner in strict accordance with documented procedures and defined protocol/SOP.
- Master’s Degree in life sciences or related field
- 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Have demonstrated expertise developing, troubleshooting, and performing bioanalytical assays in plate-based and cell-based assay formats, including pharmacokinetic (PK), biomarker, anti-drug antibody (ADA), neutralizing antibody (NAb) assays for protein and AAV-based therapeutics
- Experience in different bioanalytical technology platforms, such as ELISA, MSD, Luminex, Biacore/SPR
- Strong background in leading bioanalytical assay validation
- Demonstrate an ability to working independently in planning, executing and analyzing data.
- Solid understanding of current regulatory standards of bioanalytical assays
- Experience in good documentation practices (GDP)
- Demonstrated experience managing, leading teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking required
- Have the ability to independently organize and analyze data and prepare reports
- Possess strong computer skills, including experience with Prism, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Ph.D. in life sciences, with a minimum of 2 years post-doctoral training, industry experience preferred
- Previous work experience in GLP environment and a solid understanding of current GLP standards
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Redwood City - 2686 Middlefield Road, Suite C, D, & E, Redwood City, CA 94063
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
City: Redwood City
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Scientist – Bioanalytical Assays
City: Redwood City
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US