Senior Data Scientist - Translational Informatics
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 3059
Position Title: Senior Data Scientist
We are pioneers at technology enabled services for biomarker data management and translational informatics. Managing and analyzing this complex biomarker data is a foundational aspect to delivering on the promise of modern biomarker driven clinical research and Data Scientists play an important role to enable the delivery of precision medicine solutions on time for our clients.
Our scientific team uses innovative technologies to rapidly interrogate biomarker data so you can stratify patients, identify novel drug targets, characterize MoA, and swiftly reach actionable information.
You will provide programming and informatics services supporting translational research and clinical studies of healthcare products such as drugs and companion diagnostics. You will design and build new data set processes for modeling, data mining, and production purposes and figure out new ways to improve data and search quality.
Does this describe you?
- You are a hybrid of a data hacker, analyst, communicator and trusted advisor.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and a rapidly evolving field
- You are inquisitive and excited by a career of constant learning
- You are the Colombo of sorts and like digging in to understand the data, provide objective answers and real influence with our clients
- Taming unstructured information and analyzing it is exciting to you
- You have a natural curiosity about data and a real passion for finding new tools and platforms
- You have an open mind and are flexible making it easy for you to pick up on new programming trends in this ever-changing space
- You are in tune with our client's needs understanding what they want to achieve
A little about what you'll be doing with us...
- You will build source code in R for use in biomarker data management, translational informatics, and biomarker driven clinical research
- You will develop and execute data processing, quality control (QC) and analysis pipelines for biomarker data such as flow cytometry, TCR sequencing, next-generation sequencing, gene expression, IHC and immunoassays
- You will develop documentation and data specifications
- You will perform source code validation and application testing
- You will contribute to the advancement of Precision’s technology-based services in Biomarker Data Management
- You will Collaborate with team members and may handle or provide mentorship to junior level staff
- You will work on advanced complex problems and may take the lead in running a project to completion
What You'll Need:
- Master’s or PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Biology or related field
- Expert knowledge of R programming
- Experience with genomic data and / or public databases (e.g. TCGA, dbGaP)
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with source code management systems such as git
- Proven ability to work expertly under Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with processing biomarker data such as high-content flow cytometry, high-throughput or targeted gene expression assays (e.g. Nanostring, RNA-Seq), or other specialty lab data (e.g., immunoassays, IHC, SNP genotyping, qPCR)
- Ability to present work internally and externally
- Ability to work independently with little to no instruction on routine work
- Exercises discernment within generally defined practices selecting an approach for obtaining results
- Great teammate contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment
- Extended work hours may be required to meet business demands
- Read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: QuartzBio
Office Based: Boston - 133 Federal St, Boston, MA 02110
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Scientist - Translational Informatics
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US