Managing Medical Editor/Proofreader, Healthcare Communications Advertising Agency
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 2777
Position Title: Managing Medical Editor
Are you a science geek that spots errors a mile off -misplaced decimal, wrong reference, DNA masquerading as RNA? Are you equal parts right and left brain, loving medical technology as much as the written word? Does working with a respected team of editorial master excite you? We are looking for dedicated professionals who want to take part in ensuring our award-winning creative materials crafted for top pharma clients are production ready.
We welcome and champion fun, meaningful, hard and rewarding experiences to deliver impactful results time and time again. We are a group of healthcare enthusiasts who relish the ability to educate, engage and activate on our clients behalf. Our clients deliver exceptional products that change people’s lives. We create extraordinary messaging that changes minds; that’s just who we are. And it’s the only way we work.
We are teammates that understand success is not stagnant. It is never "one" and "done," sharing an unspoken agreement to always improve and dazzle - adding a dash of love resulting in influencing changing the standard of care.
- “error-free” is your middle name; you’ve always enjoyed proofreading and editing from menus and school papers to medical marketing materials.
- You follow the rules-- using AMA writing style, MLR guidelines, the client’s style guide and the rules of proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You have an eagle eye for typos and other errors and a keen fact-checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure every bit is accurate.
- You love collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and fast without sacrificing accuracy.
- You are flexible, handling multiple projects at once and do your best work in an energizing environment
What Your Day to Day will look like:
You will be responsible on a cross-office basis for resource scheduling, supervising editorial staff, and the editorial integrity of all pieces developed and produced by our healthcare agency. You will ensure project commitments and deadlines are met, all pieces are grammatically and factually flawless and they follow style guides and regulations.
You will allocate daily assignments to the editorial team, keeping an updated roster of available freelance medical editors, and hire freelance talent as needed, while also serving as the primary medical editor for a portfolio of pharma brands.
- Manage all aspects of the editorial processes
- Enthusiastically manage team workload
- Evaluate work flow and create task benchmarks for budgeting and scheduling (time to complete tasks; resources needed)
- Keep current on regulations governing promotional advertising in the pharmaceutical industry
- Apply regulations knowledge to healthcare advertising documents and standard operating procedures (SOPs) creation that enhance quality
- Train freelance and new employees on editorial standard methodologies
- Identify quality and efficiency improvements, and work with partners to refine and update SOPs
- Edit all content for AMA style, client style, FDA rules and regulations, grammar, spelling, consistency within the piece and among related pieces within a campaign
- Fact-check initial round of jobs and subsequent rounds as well as ensure the quality of format and visual quality of layout
- Create and maintain comprehensive style guides for all assigned accounts
- Set team goals and objectives and provide ongoing regular performance feedback
- Develop staff to maximize potential
Put your big-picture thinking and differentiating insights into effect. precisioneffect empowers those with a strong voice and a differentiating point of view. And if you haven’t found yours already, know we plan to inspire you, with the promise you’ll be heard. It’s hard to ask for more from a workplace where you’ll build your confidence and grow your career. Join our team of innovators, strategist and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry’s best, most notable and brightest to change the standard of care.
Who we are
We are the leading healthcare advertising agency devoted to medical devices, diagnostics, and specialty pharmaceuticals. With offices in Boston, Mass., and Costa Mesa, Calif., the agency has an unparalleled understanding of market dynamics, a deft hand at translating technical advances into compelling programs for customer adoption, and a willingness to creatively utilize unique channels to communicate clients' messages The agency has consistently been recognized by clients, peers and professional organizations for its outstanding creative work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., English or Life Sciences)
- 5 years’ experience in medical education, pharmaceutical advertising, medical publishing, or medical communication
- Proficient in AMA style and FDA rules and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Able to travel domestically and/or internationally including overnight stays
- Has keen eye for detail and accuracy and possesses mastery of English grammar
- Knowledge of all proofing and editing symbols
- Highly skilled in digital editing using software such as ProofHQ, Adobe Acrobat Pro markup tools, and track changes in Microsoft Word, as well as on hard copy
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONeffect
Office Based: Boston - 101 Tremont Street, Floors 2/3/4/5, Boston, MA 02108
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Managing Medical Editor/Proofreader, Healthcare Communications Advertising Agency
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US