Medical Director or Senior Medical Director - Pharmaceutical Marketing Agency
Location: Costa Mesa, California US
Job Id: 4053
Position Title: Medical Director / Sr Medical Director
We have lots to say about changing the standard of care and want those who share our passion to know they may have a home with us. Do you have an idea you are craving to defend? A belief that the work a communications agency crafts should be as impactful as the innovations their healthcare clients offer? If you have a strong voice and a rare point of view we promise to listen and provide an environment for you to continue to develop your skills; a place where building your confidence and growing your career is championed and valued.
Precision for Value (PFV), the top payer marketing agency, supports global pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in the achievement of commercial excellence. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. As leaders in the generation, analysis, and communication of that evidence, we are improving market access to support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the world. We accomplish this through our amazing teammates including; payers, data scientists, health economists, marketing strategists, and performance improvement specialists.
You will own medical writing activities for multiple projects: developing clinical document strategy with minimal direction while working cross-functionally and with a high level of independence. Responsible for ensuring high quality with regard to scientific content, organization, clarity, accuracy, format, consistency, and adherence to regulatory and internal guidelines, styles, and processes. We build brands and educate healthcare professionals and patients about disease states and the medications that can treat them
We support these opportunities with offices in Gladstone, NJ, NYC, Chicago and Costa Mesa, CA. Join us to make a difference in making medicines accessible and affordable.
- You love using your scientific knowledge, medical information and your writing skills to provide medical insights, supply creative ideas and develop high quality content.
- You stay on top of trends in the medical/scientific community across therapeutic areas.
- You love being both strategic and hands on; rolling up your sleeves and taking projects from start to finish.
- You successfully develop and cultivate relationships with business partners. Motivating and leading teams effectively comes natural to you
- You have an eye for details—endless details and can accurately convey complex information in a simple way.
- You are naturally curious, a life-long learner and have an insatiable interest in health and medicine.
What Your Day to Day will Look Like:
- Leading all projects within assigned account/s to ensure consistency and accuracy. Interacting directly with clients, contributing to project quality and outcomes by demonstrating in‑depth technical expertise of assigned therapeutic category areas. Serving as medical point person on assigned accounts.
- Sr Medical Directors will provide strategic direction across projects.
- Participating in client-facing and internal strategic brainstorming and brand planning sessions.
- Partnering with accounts and creative teams to build content that meets the objectives of strategic imperatives. Developing medically-related content such as; manuscripts, slide presentations, advisory boards, posters, strategy guides, monographs, etc. Content review for accuracy and appropriateness. Partners with editorial to ensure scientific and editorial accuracy.
- Working closely with account and strategic services for assigned accounts. Participating in new business proposals.
- Discussing medical content with pharmaceutical clients, medical professionals, KOLs, and managed care customers.
- Attending medical, legal, regulatory review meetings.
- Participates in project kick-off meetings, status meetings, and scientific services team meetings.
- Executing administrative responsibilities in a detailed and timely fashion; time sheets and project timelines.
- Sr Medical Directors will lead non-billable activities within the clinical department; lunch and learns, development of a database of clinicians for consultation, and literature searches to ensure awareness for pipeline activity.
Minimum Required: Advanced degree in life sciences or related discipline of study
- Relevant experience developing clinical content in medical education, medical communications or similar field in a client-facing medical lead role including; 5-7 years for Medical Directors or 7+ years for Sr Medical Directors
- Good written and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively interact with clients and healthcare professionals and provide independent medical direction
- Masters, PhD, PharmD, MD or DO
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision For Value
Office Based: Costa Mesa - 3200 Park Center Drive, Suite 400, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
City: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Director or Senior Medical Director - Pharmaceutical Marketing Agency
City: Costa Mesa
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Costa Mesa, California US