Vice President, Medical & Scientific Writing Services - Market Access Marketing
Location: Gladstone, New Jersey US
Job Id: 3018
Position Title: Vice President, Clinical Services
PRECISIONvalue, the top payer marketing agency, supports global pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in the achievement of commercial excellence. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. With us, you will collaborate with teams that include former payers, data scientists, health economists, marketing strategists, and promotional effectiveness specialists. As leaders in the generation, analysis, and communication of that evidence, we are improving market access and supporting our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the world. We believe that adding talent that delivers exceptional scientific work will position us to consistently be recognized by clients, peers and professional organizations.
We are seeking a natural leader who enjoys mentoring, guiding and can’t help but roll up your sleeves. Someone who is as comfortable in the C suite as you are in the trenches. Brings deep expertise in medical and scientific communications, has led teams of medical writers and has been responsible for providing strategic direction across therapeutic areas -- if this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
In this leadership role, you will oversee and mentor writing staff, facilitate project team participation, lead client interaction, and all aspects of scientific content development to support client brands.
- You are a leader who encourages and motivates team members to reach their fullest potential.
- You are passionate about providing medical insights, supplying creative ideas, and developing high quality content that allows you to use scientific/medical knowledge and demonstrate your writing skills.
- You are naturally curious, a life long learner and stay on top of trends in the medical/scientific community with a real passion for the managed markets industry.
- You are a problem solver who builds and maintains strong client relationships and partners effectively with cross function team leads so that client communication strategies are achieved.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify and achieve the strategic needs of Client’s branded products by developing content around brand product messaging and needs
- Conduct unique literature searches through conventional and/or nontraditional sources and develop enduring materials including slide decks with speaker notes, brochures, discussion guide and digital assets
- Lead and manage resources, both internal and external, to ensure on-time/on-budget production of deliverables
- Ensure clinical accuracy of all work completed and that all work aligns with applicable Government and industry regulations and guidelines
- Attend and facilitate medical/legal/regulatory approval reviews
- Work in close partnership with account, strategic services, creative, and project management teams.
- You will identify clinical resource staff needs, recruit, and handle freelance writers as well as plan, assign, and direct work to Medical teams; interview, hire, and train, and mentor employees
- As a member of our new business development team you will provide proposal research support, assist in the development of new business pitches, new business proposals, budgets and responses to RFPs and RFIs and will attend and present at pitch meetings, as needed
- Advanced degree in life sciences, PhD, PharmD, MD, DO, or other
- 15+ years experience in medical education/medical communications or similar field
- Extensive experience with oncology
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking with clients and healthcare professionals
- Ability to provide independent medical direction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical managed care marketing
- Travel required up to 25%
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONvalue
Office Based: Gladstone - 240 Main Street, Gladstone, NJ 07934
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Vice President, Medical & Scientific Writing Services - Market Access Marketing
State: New Jersey
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Gladstone, New Jersey US