Location: Yardley, Pennsylvania US
Job Id: 2742
Position Title: Medical Editor
Is "error-free" your middle name? Does working in a high scientific environment and diverse therapeutic areas appeal to you? Is prioritizing something you look forward to when you work with a group of people? If this all of this sounds exciting; you have found your new career path with ETHOS Health Communications.
We welcome hardworking and dedicated Editors that can really dig into multiple types of projects to build best-in-class scientific content for our clients.
- Your intimate knowledge of the latest editions of the AMA Manual of Style will allow for improvements in our content.
- The rare teamwork skills you can deliver will allow you to interface effectively with Program Managers and Strategic Account Directors to set and rearrange priorities when necessary.
- You are an editing chameleon - ability to adapt and enforce to various client-specific style guides.
- We see your knowledge in publishing scientific/clinical manuscripts as a plus in your success with us.
Your Day to Day Outlook:
- Editing, formatting, and proofreading scientific content in a variety of deliverables (eg, slide presentations for advisory board meetings and speaker training, sales training modules, brochures, scientific posters) in a paperless environment
- Fact-checking a high volume of content against primary sources (eg, peer-reviewed scientific journals, medical textbooks)
- Ensuring that content aligns with the client’s medical/legal/regulatory requirements and processes
- Resolve content-related queries generated during the fact-checking process and throughout the production process with the Medical Writer and/or Scientific Director
- Working with the Managing Editor to handle assigned workload and set priorities
- Talking to contract editors to provide direction on deliverables, oversee timelines, and provide feedback on completed assignments
- Building and maintaining style guides and developing other educational tools for each assigned team
Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Other Required: 5 to 7 years’ editorial experience, including 3 years in the pharmaceutical/medical communications industry
- Experience in editing non-CME promotional content
- Experience in the advertising industry may be considered
- Editor in the Life Sciences (ELS) certification
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: ETHOS Health Communications
Office Based: Yardley - 777 Township Line Rd, #300, Yardley, PA 19067
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Editor
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Yardley, Pennsylvania US