Medical Editors - Mid & Senior Levels - Managed Markets/Market Access Agency
Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Job Id: 2274
Position Title: Associate Medical Editor / Medical Editor / Senior Medical Editor
PRECISIONvalue is the top payer marketing agency in the country. We partner with global pharmaceutical and life sciences companies who are developing groundbreaking treatments to make medicines accessible and affordable. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. With us, you will collaborate with teams as we improve market access and support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the globe.
We will recognize your achievements and contributions. Plus, we believe that the opportunity you will have to learn from external training, mentorship, and working with cross-functional project teams, along with our advancement opportunities, will allow you to realize your full potential.
We comprise teams of varying levels of experience: Editorial Assistants, Associate Medical Editors, Medical Editors, and Senior Medical Editors. Our editors are responsible for a range of editorial services, including medical editing, copyediting, proofreading, and fact checking of pharmaceutical marketing materials. Are you an experienced Senior Medical Editor or Medical Editor in the medical or pharmaceutical communications industry? Do you get excited working with a respected team that ensures the highest editorial quality in the work crafted for top pharma clients? If so, let's talk.
If you have proven editorial experience in an agency environment, love science and are passionate about having a role in the development and delivery of high- quality materials to ensure the overall success of the projects for our pharmaceutical clients, we would love to hear from you.
- “Error-free” is your middle name; you’ve always enjoyed proofreading and editing, from menus and school papers to medical marketing materials
- You follow the rules, using AMA writing style, MLR guidelines, the client’s style guide, and the rules of proper sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas
- You have an eagle eye for typos and other errors and are a keen fact checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to ensure every bit is accurate
- You love collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients
- You work passionately and fast without sacrificing accuracy
- You are flexible, able to handle multiple projects at once, and do your best work in an energizing environment
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the content review process, reviewing and editing content of each project for correct spelling, grammar, consistency, balance tone, fulfillment of creative brief, correct client and AMA style, and appropriate and accurate referencing
- Participate in development phase to initiate consistency in content and presentation outline
- Fact check material; on occasion, editors may be called upon to annotate material
- Collaborate with the internal team on content revisions, working with clinical services, account, creative, and other staff to facilitate project completion
- Represent department at internal startup and status meetings
- Ensure all pieces are aligned with each client’s MLR submission guidelines and standards
- Participate in the client medical/legal/regulatory submission process
- Develop and maintain editorial style guides for interdepartmental use
- Mentor/train department staff members and other partners as needed
- Other projects may include writing and crafting internal or corporate materials
Minimum required for Senior Medical Editor and Medical Editor: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar field
Additional minimum requirements by role:
- Senior Medical Editor: 5+ years of editing experience in healthcare communications and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Medical Editor: 3+ years of editing experience in healthcare communications and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Senior Medical Editor/Medical Editor: Thorough knowledge of AMA (10th edition) style
- Experienced in editing both print and digital materials and routing electronic files
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products as well as familiarity with editing in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience in advertising, pharmaceutical marketing, medical communications, and/or medical education industry
- Familiarity with Veeva, Zinc, or other MLR submissions systems
- Knowledge of FDA requirements with respect to pharmaceutical advertising
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONvalue
Office Based: Chicago - 72 W. Adams St., Suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60603
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Editors - Mid & Senior Levels - Managed Markets/Market Access Agency
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US