Software Engineer Bioinformatics/R
Location: Geneva, Geneva CH
Job Id: 4081
Position Title: Software Engineer
Are you interested in being part of breaking the ground for Science? You will develop and implement R based approaches to support automation, testing and product innovation working with an interdisciplinary team including software engineering as well as various data science teams.
QuartzBio's cutting edge technology solutions (www.quartz.bio) are industry-leading in the space of biomarker data management and translational informatics and enable rapid data processing, querying, visualization and analysis of complex biomarker data via an exclusive data processing engine and a creative web-based user interface.
A glimpse of what your day-to-day will look like:
- Developing the Bioinformatics Platform supporting our cutting edge Biomarker Data Management and Translational Informatics. Development includes mostly R programming, testing and documenting.
- devops engineering -- the Bioinformatics Platform also provides development tools and some devops aspects (Containerization, Continuous Integration, cloud-based deployment).
- Supporting and training platform users, mostly composed of data scientists and bioinformaticians.
- Occasionally participating in Biomarker Data Management on customer projects.
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- 5-10 years software development/engineering experience or demonstrated competence in the required activities for the role.
- Extensive experience in a data science oriented development and R
- Team player contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment
- Experience in reproducibility, source-code management, code review and test-driven development methodology.
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to undertake occasional travel, domestically and overseas including overnight stays.
- Familiarity with biological and/or clinical data
- Experience in multiple programming languages, and comfort coming up to speed in new ones
- Extensive experience in linux
- Experience with containerized systems (Docker)
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud computing capabilities
- Experience in devops
- Conversational French
Quartz Bio, part of Precision for Medicine supports life sciences companies in the use of biomarkers essential to targeting patient treatments more precisely and effectively. Precision applies novel biomarker approaches to clinical research that take advantage of the latest advancements in science and technology, focusing predominantly on genomics, immune-response assays, global specimen logistics, biomarker analytics, companion diagnostics, and clinical trial execution. Precision for Medicine is part of Precision Medicine Group, with nearly 2,000 employees in 34 locations in the US, Canada, and Europe.
We believe that the era of one-size-fits-all medication is giving way to a next generation of treatments, medicines that will be more effective because they are prescribed according to the unique biology of an individual patient. Our mission is to help innovative biotech and pharmaceutical companies accelerate the development of these life-changing treatments. Precision does this by developing assays that utilize biomarkers to help identify the right patient for the right drug. We also handle every aspect of clinical trials from initial strategy and design to selecting sites and managing trial data.
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: QuartzBio
Office Based: Geneva - Avenue de Sécheron 15, Geneva, CH 1202
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Bioinformatics/R
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Geneva, Geneva CH