Biorepository Technician I
Location: Norton, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 3946
Position Title: Biorepository Technician I
Are you looking to make a difference? Join us as a Biorepository Technician in our Norton, MA facility. We store Clinical Trial specimens for Biotech and Pharmaceutical clients in their quest to develop life-saving patient treatments.
Precision Medicine Group, LLC is the top tier global provider of precision medicine research services and creative commercialization solutions for life sciences companies. After completing the largest private investment raise of a life sciences services company in 2012, we have rapidly grown through a series of acquisitions and 20%+ annual organic growth to more than 1,900 people in over 34 offices across the U.S., Canada and Europe. We are unusually positioned for continued growth as we expand the company’s global footprint and develop leadership in the most creative areas of life sciences as we help our clients develop and deliver lifesaving medical treatments to patients across the world.
The Precision for Medicine team develops assays and runs global logistics for Clinical Trials by using biomarkers to stratify patients, incomparably improving R&D efficiency and success for our clients. We lead every aspect of clinical trials from sites to biomarkers to diagnostics, dramatically accelerate our clients pathway from proof of concept to drug approval.
Our Biorepository Technicians assist in shipment and receipt, the retrieval preservation of biological samples that arrive daily or are stored in the repository.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Unpack specimens and record all pertinent information in Incoming Shipment Batch and Incoming folder
- Distribute confirmation of shipment receipt form if required by project
- Check information on sample vial against information provided by the study site or data coordinating center
- Scan samples into data management system, BSI
- Ensure paperwork is accurate and inform Supervisor/Manager of any discrepancies
- Pull samples according to requisition, SOP, and instructions
- Perform quality control verification of outgoing samples
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years’ of general working experience
- Possess basic laboratory skills
- Requires good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills and works well in a group environment
- Familiarity with excel and basic functions with the program
- Flexible agile teammate who can change activities and directions quickly and respond to a variety of assignment and changing business needs
- Ability to lift and carry between 31-50 lbs.; frequently required to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods; occasionally required to squat, bend, stoop, push, kneel, reach and perform tasks with repetitive motion; Will be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- 1 year of relevant lab experience
- Trained in aseptic technique
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Biospecimen Solutions
Office Based: Norton - 10 Commerce Way # C2 Norton, MA 02766
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Biorepository Technician I
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norton, Massachusetts US