Associate Director of Medical Writing - Medical Marketing Communication Agency
Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Job Id: 3909
Position Title: Associate Director, Medical Writing
Precision for Value (PFV), a medical marketing communications agency, supports global pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in the achievement of commercial excellence. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. As leaders in the generation, analysis, and communication of that evidence, we are improving market access to support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the world. We accomplish this through our amazing teammates including; payers, data scientists, health economists, marketing strategists, and performance improvement specialists.
We have lots to say about changing the standard of care and want those who share our passion to know they may have a home with us. Do you have an idea you are craving to defend? If you have a strong voice and a rare point of view we promise to listen and provide an environment for you to continue to develop your skills; a place where building your confidence and growing your career is championed and valued.
We form teams of Medical and Scientific Writers across varying levels of experience to deliver a range of medical services, including researching and developing content. You will own the writing activities for our clients who are developing groundbreaking medicines and treatments with minimal direction while working cross-functionally and with a high level of independence. Responsible for ensuring high quality with regard to scientific content, organization, openness, accuracy, format, consistency, and adherence to regulatory and internal guidelines, styles, and processes. We build brands and educate payers, healthcare professionals and patients about disease states and the medications that can treat them.
We support these opportunities with offices in Gladstone, NJ, NYC, Chicago and Costa Mesa, CA. Join us to make a difference in making medicines accessible and affordable.
- You are known for having an eye for detail—accurately conveying complex information in a simple way
- You are naturally curious, a life-long learner and have an interest in health and medicine
- You are passionate about providing medical insights, supplying creative ideas, and developing high-quality content that allows you to use scientific/medical knowledge and demonstrate your writing skills
What You Can Expect Day-To-Day:
- Independently develop strategic content for live meetings (eg, advisory boards, focus group meetings, training meetings), in-depth interviews, and value message frameworks
- Review project briefs and timelines, assign medical writing staff and attend all kick-off meetings
- Review content for scientific accuracy and appropriateness to the project
- Ensure standard methodologies for content development are followed and advise on strategic or client considerations
- Liaise directly with the client on strategy and content-related subject matter
- Discuss medical content with external partners including medical professionals, key opinion leaders, and managed care customers
- Develop and maintain account-specific Clinical Services standard operating procedures and conduct training as needed
- Plan and prioritize within purview based on business needs in conjunction with other internal partners
- Lead all aspects of medical writers and/or scientific writers
- Responsible for providing timely feedback on performance to assigned team members
- Establish and track individual personal development plans for each team member
- Research and write target product profiles (TPPs) and/or bold analyses for new business pitches
- Attend and present at business pitch meetings as needed
- BA or BS in life sciences discipline, English, or job-related field
- 5+ years in medical communications, healthcare agency, medical education, or similar field
- Ability to translate complex scientific concepts for a variety of managed care audiences
- Ability to prioritize projects, balance competing client priorities & meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel for occasional client meetings
- Managed care experience
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONvalue
Office Based: Chicago - 72 W. Adams St., Suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60603
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director of Medical Writing - Medical Marketing Communication Agency
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US