Research Statistician - HEOR
Location: Oakland, California US
Job Id: 3886
Position Title: Associate Research Statistician / Research Statistician
Precision Xtract is an award-winning global healthcare market access consultancy within Precision Medicine Group. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management.
We provide powerful research skills to positively impact payer and purchaser decision-making, which allows organizations to assess appropriate populations for therapies and potential expand access for life-saving and altering medical interventions.
With offices in New York, Boston, Oakland, Vancouver and London, our team has experienced rapid growth and includes a collection of professionals from around the globe with experience across multiple disciplines: former payer executives, academics, pharma marketers, and consultants—all passionate about generating solutions to our customers’ value and access needs.
We are looking for dedicated Research Statisticians who enjoy a challenge, thrive in the details and flourish in dynamic environments.
Do you consider yourself a highly organized, self starter with a real passion for projects involving innovative health economic concepts? Are you passionate about putting in the hard work to conduct high quality research? Are you a clear and confident communicator among both internal teams and in front of clients? Your dream job is waiting. If you’re a born problem-solver and enjoy when no day is the same - keep reading.
What you can expect day-to-day:
As Research Statistician, you will perform a wide range of activities including: literature reviews; analysis; preparing reports, slide decks and meeting notes; and quality assurance/review. You will independently complete, evidence synthesis projects, including: client management; systematic literature review (SLR); (network) meta-analysis; economic modeling; and dissemination of results.
Essential duties but are not limited to:
Associate Research Statistician
- Conducting meta-analyses and network meta-analyses using R and OpenBUGS/JAGS
- Using R and/or SAS conduct statistical analyses to support projects, including:
- Evidence synthesis methods (meta-analyses, summary statistics)
- Bayesian statistical modeling methods
- Statistical modeling (logistic, ordinal, ordinary least squares, instrumental variable regressions, etc.)
- Time-to-event (survival/mortality) or repeated measures analyses
- Simulation methods (Markov-models, Monte Carlo, bootstrapping, etc.)
- Draft interim and final project deliverables for clients
- Clearly interpret and communicate complex quantitative results to internal and external audiences
- Contribute to technical reports, health technology submissions, and peer-reviewed manuscripts
- Ensure the quality of model programming and the robustness of model assumptions
- Develops client-ready deliverables in terms of protocols (SLR of cost-effectiveness modeling), statistical analysis plans (evidence synthesis), technical reports, and slides, identifying necessary deviations from templates to ensure content aligns with objectives
- Develops content for components of proposals in collaboration with senior team members in terms of proposed methods and scope of work
- Accountable for timely delivery and financial performance of project subcomponents; estimates required hours and identifies challenges early on; and communicates any changes and possible solutions to project lead if necessary
- Drafts and reviews update slides/minutes and actions for overall study and viewed by client as independent researcher for specific study component(s)
- Communicates with client frequently on calls and supports project lead in responding to emails; may also be involved in face-to-face presentations to clients
- Breaks down complex project tasks or project subcomponents into manageable components and approaches them in logical and clear manner
- Highlights resourcing constraints for project subcomponents to project or team lead and identifies tasks where support is needed from junior team members
- Identifies new opportunities within existing projects/clients
- Participates in, and occasionally leads group strategy discussions
- Guides junior teams members
- Leads publication independently to implement own ideas
- Master’s degree in economics, health services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, public policy, health policy, or public health or related
- Associate Research Statistician - Minimum of 1-years’ experience
- Research Statistician - Minimum of 2-3 years' experience
- Experience in advanced statistical analysis and network meta-analysis (evidence synthesis)
- Experience programming in R and WinBUGS/OpenBUGS/JAGS; experience in SAS, STATA, Matlab and other programs are assets
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills
- Degree concentration in biostatistics, applied statistics, epidemiology, operations research, economics, econometrics, industrial engineering or other relevant field
- Experience in systematic literature reviews
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with deadline driven work in a consulting environment
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONheor
Office Based: Oakland - 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1420, Oakland, CA 94612
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Research Statistician - HEOR
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Oakland, California US