Associate Medical Director - Medical Marketing Communications Agency
Location: New York, New York US
Job Id: 3270
Position Title: Associate Medical Director
Precision for Value (PFV), a medical marketing communications agency, supports global pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in the achievement of commercial excellence. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers. As leaders in the generation, analysis, and communication of that evidence, we are improving market access to support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the world. We accomplish this through our amazing teammates including; payers, data scientists, health economists, marketing strategists, and performance improvement specialists.
We have lots to say about changing the standard of care and want those who share our passion to know they may have a home with us. Do you have an idea you are craving to defend? If you have a strong voice and a rare point of view we promise to listen and provide an environment for you to continue to develop your skills; a place where building your confidence and growing your career is championed and valued.
We form teams of Medical and Scientific Writers across varying levels of experience to deliver a range of medical services, including researching and developing content. You will own the writing activities for our clients who are developing groundbreaking medicines and treatments with minimal direction while working cross-functionally and with a high level of independence. Responsible for ensuring high quality with regard to scientific content, organization, transparency, accuracy, format, consistency, and adherence to regulatory and internal guidelines, styles, and processes. We build brands and educate payers, healthcare professionals and patients about disease states and the medications that can treat them.
We support these opportunities with offices in Gladstone, NJ, NYC, Chicago and Costa Mesa, CA. Join us to make a difference in making medicines accessible and affordable.
- You stay on top of trends in the medical/scientific community
- You have an eye for detail and can accurately convey complex information in a simple way
- You are naturally curious, a life-long learner and have an interest in health and medicine
- You are passionate about providing medical insights, supplying creative ideas, and developing high-quality content that allows you to use scientific/medical knowledge and demonstrate your writing skills
What You Can Expect Day-To-Day:
- Serving as medical point person on assigned accounts
- Developing, writing and translating complex scientific data to a broad audience across multiple and wide-ranging therapeutic areas
- Ensuring project quality and outcomes by demonstrating in-depth technical expertise of assigned therapeutic category and/or managed care areas
- Developing strategic medical content such as slide presentations, advisory boards, strategy guides, monographs, discussion guides, training resources, etc.
- Working closely with account teams to refine content in keeping with strategic imperatives
- Communicating medical content with internal team and pharmaceutical clients, as necessary
- Attending medical, legal, and regulatory review meetings
- Participating in internal team meetings, including project kick-off meetings, weekly status meetings, client meetings, and internal brainstorm/review meetings
- Chipping in ideas for new business proposals and tactical planning within assigned accounts
Advanced degree in life sciences
4+ years in medical communications, healthcare agency, medical education, or similar field
- Ability to translate complex scientific concepts for a variety of managed care audiences
- Ability to prioritize projects, juggle competing client priorities & meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel for occasional client meetings
- PharmD or PhD
- Managed care experience
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision For Value
Office Based: New York - 60 E 42nd Street, Suite 1325, New York, NY 10017
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
City: New York
Country: United States
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Medical Director - Medical Marketing Communications Agency
City: New York
State: New York
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US