Shipping, Receiving & Inventory Technician - Biological Samples (Warehouse)
Location: Frederick, Maryland US
Job Id: 3151
Position Title: Biorepository Technician I
You will process samples; unpacking and inventorying them to our freezers in our state of the art Specialty Labs facility (a Biorepository warehouse environment) currently housing over 25 million specimens!
When biospecimens are returned to our facility or requested for further testing by our clients, our Techs play a meaningful role in processing biological samples in an accurate and timely manner. As a highly regulated industry, subject to frequent audits, professionals who are detailed and skilled with repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment are encouraged to consider this opportunity.
What your day to day will look like:
- Delivering error-free workmanship
- Unpacking specimens and recording all pertinent information in Incoming Shipment Batch and Incoming folder
- Distributing confirmation of shipment receipt form if required by project
- Checking information on sample vial against information provided by the study site or data coordinating center
- Correcting paperwork where necessary and informing Supervisor of any discrepancies
- Assisting data entry in generation of reports and inventory work lists as well as perform first key of data collection sheets
- Performing quality control checks of sample inventory and verification of outgoing samples
- Storing incoming samples at appropriate temperature following guidelines set by Supervisor
- Pulling samples according to requisition, SOP, and instructions
- Updating Outgoing Batch Records
- Preparing shipments (dangerous and non-dangerous goods) for Commercial or local courier
Minimum required: High School Diploma
- Associate’s Degree. 2-3 years relevant experience OR equivalent higher education in related field.
- Experience with computer software programs such as Excel, Access, Inventory Management Systems
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Frederick - 8425 Precision Way, Suite M, Frederick MD 21701
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Shipping, Receiving & Inventory Technician - Biological Samples (Warehouse)
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frederick, Maryland US