Clinical Research Associates - II & Senior (III) - Rare Diseases
Location: Carlsbad, California US
Job Id: 2897
Position Title: Clinical Research Associate II / Senior Clinical Research Associate
Precision for Medicine is not your typical CRO. We are passionate about cultivating our culture and are proud to share extremely high CRA retention rates compared to industry averages.
CRAs join us, love their positioning to make a difference, and stay because of the amazing people, reasonable travel and quality of life carrying an average of one to two studies setting you up to be a protocol expert. Most meaningfully - your voice will be heard. Smaller CROs allow you to have influence and impact when it matters most and support from direct line management.
We invite you to learn more about our growing organization serving our clients that are researching groundbreaking rare disease therapies. We are steadfast in ensuring our employees feel appreciated for the contributions they make every single day. You will provide input and have your ideas valued and nurtured, impacting positive change.
- You are passionate about spending your professional time working on finding new treatment options for patients and their families suffering from rare diseases
- You are calm, thoughtful, and responsive when things don’t go as planned
- You are well-prepared, whether it be for an investigator meeting, site visit or project team update, always staying two steps ahead of the game
- You have an impeccable eye for detail; identifying potential study risks and propose mitigation solutions
How we will keep you busy and support your growth:
You will monitor and be responsible for the progress of clinical studies at investigative sites and ensure that clinical studies are conducted, recorded, and reported per protocol, SOPs, ICH-GCP, and all applicable regulations and standards. You will coordinate all necessary activities required to set up and monitor a study (i.e., identify investigators; helping prepare regulatory submissions, conducting pre-study and initiation visits, etc.).
Senior CRAs handle appropriately sized clinical trials and support Project Managers with trials that are larger in scope. You will also have the opportunity to train and mentor junior staff members. You will interact directly with clients, initiate payments, and participate in proposal activities, including development and client presentations.
Minimum Required: 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- CRA experience within the CRO or pharmaceutical industry; 2+ years for a CRA II and 3+ years for Senior CRAs
- Availability for domestic travel including overnight stays, which may constitute up to approximately 50-60% travel commitment (international travel may be required for some senior level positions)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential. An excellent teammate
- Evidence of a client focused approach
- Experience using computerized information systems, electronic spreadsheets, word processing and electronic mail require
- Graduate, postgraduate degree
- Monitoring in rare and complex therapeutic areas, monitoring EDC trials and EHR records
- Biopharma or meaningful therapeutic area
- Resolving project related problems and prioritize workload to meet deadlines with oversight from management. Mentorship of junior CRAs in problem resolution
- Graduate or postgraduate degree with a concentration in a scientific or healthcare discipline
- Study start up activities experience
- For Senior CRAs, understanding of financial management
We are a team of clinical trial experts who are dedicated to the success of our clients, so that ultimately patients can receive much-needed treatments. We believe our success is much more about what it does every single day and how it does it, than about its revenues. From the beginning, we have nurtured a culture where patients’ needs and the needs of our valued clients come first, where the quality of our work is the best, and where our employees can thrive, while still having fun and giving back to the patient community. We are very proud of the team at Precision for Medicine and what it has achieved thus far. Are you ready to be part of a close-knit clinical trial team that is passionate about saving the lives of patients every single day?
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Clinical Solutions
Office Based: Remote
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: Yes
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Research Associates - II & Senior (III) - Rare Diseases
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Carlsbad, California US