Facilities & Equipment Technician - Entry/Intermediate Level
Location: Frederick, Maryland US
Job Id: 2334
Position Title: Facilities and Equipment Technician
Precision for Medicine develops assays and runs global logistics for Clinical Trials by using biomarkers to stratify patients, incomparably improving R&D efficiency and success for our clients. We lead every aspect of clinical trials from sites to biomarkers to diagnostics, dramatically accelerate our clients pathway from proof of concept to drug approval.
Our Bio-repository facility in Frederick, MD enables our pharmaceutical clients to take advantage of new advancements in science and stay ahead of regulatory changes.
You will be responsible for preventive maintenance and the repair of refrigeration equipment and monitoring systems for this repository laboratory. You will follow the company equipment/system validation and maintenance program as well as complete simple to intermediate repairs for all equipment related to the repository operations.
We are seeking a professional that understands due to the regulation of the industry that we are required to keep detailed, accurate and up-to-date documentation of our work.
- You are committed to keeping an efficient and safe environment operational
- You understand how critical it is that quality standards are not compromised
- You are a born problem solver and will work smart to ensure downtime is minimized and resolved quickly
- We will reply on you for ideas on continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment and processes
As a highly regulated industry, subject to frequent audits, professionals who are systematic, skilled at repetitive tasks in a dynamic environment and are detailed oriented are urged to consider this opportunity. Join a team that is making a difference for both our clients and in patients’ lives; apply today!
- You will change alarm batteries on mechanical freezers, clean air filters and compressor compartments.
- You will perform all inspections and performance qualifications of refrigeration equipment.
- You will review equipment failures and evaluate potential causes.
- You will install and maintain low voltage wiring for Central Monitoring System
- You will validate all refrigeration equipment and perform validation on shipping containers.
- Keep up to date documentation of all validations following Quality Guidelines
- Perform rare validations on laboratory equipment as requested
- You will perform plumbing and electrical repairs, lighting maintenance and painting.
- You will respond to equipment failures as directed in an appropriate manner during and after regular business hours - participating in Facilities Group On-Call rotation.
- You will remain current on emerging electronic, refrigeration, monitoring system and laboratory equipment technologies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ related experience in mechanical or maintenance
- Ability to install low voltage electrical wiring
- Required to drive vehicles up to 25,999 lbs GVW
- Possess a valid driver’s license allowing you to drive in the state(s) you drive in
- Have and maintain a safe driving record and provide proof of such on an annual basis
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Formal training in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR)
- EPA certification to handle refrigerants
- DOT certified medical exam card in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (49 CFR 391.41-391.49)
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Frederick - 8425 Precision Way, Suite M, Frederick MD 21701
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Facilities & Equipment Technician - Entry/Intermediate Level
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Frederick, Maryland US