Director of Business Development - Specialty Labs & Clinical Trials
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 1971
Position Title: Director, Business Development
The era of one-size-fits-all medicine is giving way to treatment based on personal information that provides real evidence of whether a specific product is likely to work for a particular patient. These data may range from genetic information derived from a blood test to clinical trials using novel patient stratification techniques.
At Precision for Medicine, we deliver specialty services that help our life science clients navigate these challenges. For research and development, we bring highly specialized biomarker, laboratory, and clinical trial services as well as the regulatory expertise to manage the precision development pathway.
About You and How You Can Make a Difference:
- Your blood, sweat & tears is worth the investment because you also believe that Precision Medicine is a differentiator and you are committed to sticking it out
- You know how to get the research done
- You are agile when it comes to networking and always invest the time to know all the players, who the influencers vs decision makers are and what the budget cycles are
- You know how to find your own leads and won't rely on a massive support system to ensure you are successful or wait until someone else gives them to you
- You are a master story teller and can promote an organization that purchasers may not be familiar with
- Drive - you are always learning. You test what works and what doesn’t work and are passionate about immersing yourself into their buyers’ businesses. You care about continuing education and finding different ways to approach the buyer journey
- When a lead or a deal doesn't go your way, you don't disengage or quit
- You treat your buyer like a project, not a deal, demonstrating a willingness and a curiosity to learn and adapt as the project changes and morphs
You are self-motivated, independent as well as curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally. You are high energy, credible and ethical sales professional who is strategically oriented but executes precisely.
You will work closely with our leaders in Analytics, Immunology and Assay Development to sell our translational medicine professional services at pharma and biotech companies in an assigned territory. You will meet or exceed sales goals by building customer relationships resulting in driving continued business growth.
You will be responsible for identifying and closing business opportunities for Precision Bioservices in the assigned area of responsibility and/or region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences concentration or related field
- 5 years relevant sales experience
- Demonstrated history of successive growing levels of responsibility
- Consistent record of successful client relationship management and business development in pharmaceutical, biotech or CRO organization including success in sales of biobanking, sample preparation services, and specialty lab services
- Self-directed and motivated to work at a highly technical level and build plans to achieve goals
- Willing to travel up to 35%
- Valid driver’s license allowing you to drive in the state(s) you drive in
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally including overnight stays
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Great teammate willing to collaborate and share knowledge
- Creative and strategic thinker with ability to execute tactically in a dynamic environment
- Masters or Ph.D. in Life Sciences, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
- 10 years of related sales experience
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Specialty Lab Services
Office Based: Remote
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: Yes
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Business Development - Specialty Labs & Clinical Trials
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US