Clinical Data Manager II - Clinical Trial Services
Location: Carlsbad, California US
Job Id: 2680
Position Title: Clinical Data Manager II
The Clinical Data Manager II manages all aspects of the clinical trial data management process from study start up to post database lock for assigned projects under some supervision. Standard Operating Procedures / Work Instructions (SOPs/WIs); regulatory directives; study specific plans and guidelines will be followed. This position will also oversee and/or perform database development and testing.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Primary Data Management (DM) contact (Lead DM role) and/or contributor for assigned clinical project(s) / program(s), ensuring that there is back-up, continuity, responsiveness, and that tasks are performed in a timely manner. May support another Lead DM as a back-up and/or team member.
- May perform data entry for paper-CRF studies, as needed
- May perform quality control of data entry
- Provide input into timelines. Ensure that clinical data management deadlines are met with quality. May assess resource needs for assigned projects, as needed.
- Develop CRF specifications from the clinical study protocol and coordinate the review/feedback from all stakeholders
- May assist in building clinical databases
- Conduct database build UAT and maintain quality controlled database build documentation. Oversee overall quality of the clinical database.
- Specify requirements for all edit check types e.g. electronic, manual data review, edit checks, etc.
- Responsible for creating, revising, appropriate versioning and maintaining data management documentation. Oversee completeness of data management documentation for the Trial Master File.
- Train clinical research personnel on the study specific CRF, EDC, and other project related items as needed.
- Review and query clinical trial data according to the Data Management Plan
- Perform line listing data review based on the guidance provided by the sponsor and/or Lead DM
- Run patient and study level status and metric reporting
- Perform medical coding of medical terms relative to each other in order to ensure medical logic and consistency
- Coordinate SAE/AE reconciliation
- Liaises with third-party vendors such as external data and EDC vendors in a project-manager capacity in support of timelines and data-related deliverables
- May assist with SAS programming and quality control of SAS programs used in the Data Management department
- Identify and troubleshoot operational problems, issues, obstacles, and barriers for studies based on metrics data, audit reports, and input from project team members and other stakeholders
- May assist in reviewing and providing feedback on protocols, Statistical Analysis Plans (SAP) and Clinical Study Reports (CSRs), if required by the project
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and corresponding process documentation related to data management and database management activities
- May attend strategy meetings, bid defense prep meetings, bid defenses, capability presentations, potential client engagement meetings
- May review Request for Proposals (RFP), proposals, provide project estimates
- Trains and ensures that all data management project team members have been sufficiently trained
- Communicate with study sponsors, vendors and project teams as needed regarding data, database or other relevant project issues
- May present software demonstrations/trainings, department/company training sessions, present at project meetings
- May require some travel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience
- Bachelors and/or a combination of related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Able to handle a variety of clinical research tasks.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Professional use of the English language; both written and oral.
- Experience in utilizing a clinical database management system
- Broad knowledge of drug, device and/or biologic development and effective data management practices
- Experience in a clinical, scientific or healthcare discipline.
- Dictionary medical coding (MedDRA and WHODrug)
- Understanding of CDISC standards (CDASH, SDTM, ADaM, etc.…)
- Oncology and/or Orphan Drug therapeutic experience
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Oncology & Rare Disease
Office Based: Carlsbad - 6005 Hidden Valley Road, Suite 170, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: Yes
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Data Manager II - Clinical Trial Services
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Carlsbad, California US