Location: Oakland, California US
Job Id: 2253
Position Title: Research Scientist
Who we are:
Precision Health Economics has a global reputation for delivering results that have strategic and practical applications, generating academic publications in the world’s top research journals, and leading public debates in prestigious, closely watched forums.
With offices in Boston, Los Angeles and Oakland, we continue to experience rapid growth and have assembled a team of professionals from around the globe with expertise across multiple disciplines—economics, epidemiology, medical anthropology, public health, public policy, mathematics, engineering, and more—all passionate about producing high quality research for the latest health care medicines and technologies.
We are excited to invite motivated Research Scientists to consider a career with us. You will provide evidence based-research to life sciences and healthcare companies to shape strategy and inform key healthcare decisions. Successful candidates will have excellent problem solving and analytical skills; a commitment to teamwork and collaboration; an ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences; and a willingness to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines.
What you can expect day-to-day:
- Using statistical methods and data visualizations to analyze real-world healthcare data
- Creating slide decks, reports, and manuscripts that summarize the results of quantitative analyses
- Helping develop simulation models for disease burden, comparative effectiveness, or cost-effectiveness studies
- Collaborating across a broad portfolio of sophisticated health economic and health policy research projects.
- Master’s degree
- 1-year of experience conducing health economic research
- Degree concentration in a quantitative field such as biostatistics, economics, epidemiology, public policy, health policy, mathematics, computer science, or related subjects
- Fluency with at least one programming language for statistical analysis (e.g., R, Python, Stata, or SAS) and an interest in learning more
- Experience with statistical methods such as causal inference, survival analysis, machine learning, and Bayesian statistics
- Experience with tools such as R Markdown or Jupyter Notebooks for reproducible research
- Proficient with version control (e.g., Git, Subversion)
- Familiarity with simulation modeling (e.g., Monte Carlo sampling, Markov and semi-Markov models, Bayesian statistics)
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision Health Economics
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Research Scientist
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Oakland, California US