Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 2526
Position Title: Accounting Supervisor
Calling all nimble Accounting Supervisors who dig crunching numbers in a high energy, collaborative environment. If you want in at a dynamic company where you can contribute to the financial management for our premier pharmaceutical clients - look no further. We are seeking a dedicated, advertising agency experienced accountant to be the primary contact with the internal team members to determine revenue recognition and ensure client financial obligations are met.
Who are we
precisioneffect is one of the leading healthcare marketing communications agency and we are growing. At our heart, we welcome and champion fun, meaningful, hard and rewarding experiences to deliver impactful results time and time again.
We are teammates that understand success is not stagnant. It is never "one" and "done," sharing an unspoken agreement to always improve and dazzle - adding a dash of love resulting in influencing changing the standard of care.
Do you love rolling up your sleeves, are a self starter with a proven accounting foundation and excel in a dynamic ever-changing environment? Then, look no further, we'd like to help you take your career to the next level.
Are you are both left and right brained? You should be no stranger to hashing out accounting details, wrangling numbers and serving as the agency accounting "go-to" for team members and clients alike.
- You are flexible. You're able to prioritize, pivot from task to task with ease and can change directions in a moment's notice.
- You are a problem solver -- you are adept at crafting on the spot solutions for whatever the challenge may be.
- Do you love to learn? Do you have an interest in health and medicine and are continually learning and tackling new subjects of interest and engagement? We are looking for curious and passionate seekers with a thirst for knowledge
- You have an eagle eye for the details and are a keen double-checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure everything is just right.
- You love collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and are never satisfied with the status quo.
Essential functions (include but are not limited to):
Be a part of an experienced, passionate team of accounting professionals by contributing and engaging in the following:
- Manage the job cost system and internal processes to accurately recognize revenue in compliance with applicable accounting guidelines.
- Review and process daily time sheet entries to ensure accurate and timely data for both job analysis and financial reporting
- Coordinate monthly billing meetings to review job status.
- Collaborate with client service teams on job cost analysis and meeting compliance requirements for recognizing revenue
- Oversee and execute the preparation of client invoicing: contract milestones, travel reimbursements, and out-of-pocket costs. Work with client service teams to ensure timeliness and accuracy of invoicing, including preparation of support documentation packages where needed
- Supports Associate Director & Controllers with variance explanations, budgets and forecasting activities regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Complete monthly close process to ensure all financial information is reviewed and reporting deadlines are met. This includes but is not limited to: month end revenue recognition, monthly forecast, and client invoicing
- Manage intercompany transactions including project revenues and expenses
- Lead training for new and existing staff, ad-hoc projects and system upgrades/migrations
- AR: Prepare client invoicing and monthly A/R statements and works with client service teams on collection of past due accounts
- AP: Review vendor charges and expense reports for necessary approvals and supporting documentation before sending package to Boston Office for processing by Staff Accountant
- GL: Prepare recurring and month-end journal entries. Maintains schedules for account analysis, job analysis, and audit preparation.
- Analysis of weekly utilization report for senior management
- Support in annual audit
Put your big-picture thinking and differentiating insights into play. precisioneffect empowers those with a strong voice and a differentiating point of view. And if you haven’t found yours already, know we plan to inspire you, with the promise you’ll be heard. It’s hard to ask for more from a workplace where you’ll build your confidence and grow your career. Join our team of innovators, strategist and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry’s best, most notable and brightest to change the standard of care.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-5 years’ progressive experience in accounting
- Agency experience
- Experience managing a small team
- Proficient in Excel and Word, and has used a larger general ledger program (like Dynamics)
- Good knowledge of accounting and GAAP requirements
- Experience handling day-to-day details of the accounting functions
- May require up to 20% travel domestically and/or internationally including overnight stays
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: precisioneffect
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Supervisor
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US