Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 2486
Position Title: Assistant Controller
We are offering a newly crafted position that will play an integral role of how we will support continued growth. You will handle all aspects of financial operations, control, and reporting as well as provide strategic support on future acquisitions. This opportunity is being offered out of Frederick, MD or Norton, MA.
Precision Medicine Group, LLC is the leading global provider of precision medicine research services and creative commercialization solutions for life sciences companies. After completing the largest private investment raise of a life sciences services company in 2012, we have rapidly grown through a series of acquisitions and 20%+ annual organic growth to more than 1,500 people in over 25 offices across the U.S., Canada and Europe.
We are unusually positioned in the market and we are investing in the growth of our financial team. This is where you come in.
- You cut your teeth in accounting and financial reporting and developed the ability to handle several different activities while leading people.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Organized, with a phenomenal eye for detail.
- Reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
- You understand the value of the finance & accounting function working symbiotically to support a growing company and you can be relied on to provide your opinion and point of view.
- Although your skills equip you to react to real-time business issues, you never take your eye off concentrating on the costs, identifying actionable optimization opportunities related to expenses.
- You are an accounting system SME and are known for knowing every number going through it. We can count on you to know why expenses increased and why some fell.
- You have a natural curiosity for the businesses you serve and will be able to connect the sales pipeline with headcount/hiring forecasting, making sure we don't over or under invest.
- You generally enjoy reading the general ledger even if most people will never understand it.
How we will support your love of numbers and the quest to improve profitability:
- Building and maintaining Financial Systems to maintain accurate records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditures.
- Crafting new inventory accounting procedures.
- Financial management of projects and operations working closely with the operations management team.
- Running project accounting and time reporting system, project revenue recognition, pipeline reporting, etc.
- Assigning direct costs to specific projects with which they are associated and indirect costs by category.
- Generating company yearly budgets and preparing monthly Financial reports. Assisting business leaders in monitoring budgets.
- Update all internal control system documentation periodically.
- Insuring compliance with all applicable sales and use tax laws, rules and regulations for both sales to customers and purchases from suppliers.
- Coordinating with Division Controller and CFO’s office with respect to financial audits, annual income tax reporting, and treasury management and commercial insurance requirements etc.
- Assisting in reviewing price quotes for services and products. Monitoring value of all company capital equipment and apply appropriate depreciation rates.
- Handling work authorizations in the Time & Expense system and oversee payroll.
Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or related.
- 7+ years total experience in Finance & Accounting including 5+ years’ experience in a management role. Project accounting and revenue recognition and Inventory accounting experience.
- Technical skills built on years of detailed accounting and/or auditing work.
- Successful history reconciling budgets with realistic outcomes (budget vs actuals).
- Financial management systems implementation experience.
- Read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language.
Preferred: Industry experience to include Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences and/or Healthcare.
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Laboratory Services
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Controller
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US