Associate Research Economist
Location: Oakland, California US
Job Id: 2470
Position Title: Associate Research Economist
The Associate Research Economist is responsible for collaborating across a broad portfolio of sophisticated health economic and health policy research projects as a member of a project team. The Associate Research Economist will have a familiarity with the application of research methods (e.g. literature review, modeling, observational research, statistical programming) and the ability to utilize specific discipline knowledge gained through academic and/or work experience (e.g. economics, etc.). This position will perform a wide range of activities including: literature review; analysis; preparing reports, slide decks and meeting notes; quality assurance/review; and other activities, under the direction and supervision of a project leader.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to: (This is NOT meant to be an exhaustive task list)
The duties of the Associate Research Economist are performed under the direct supervision of a project leader and with the support of their direct manager. These duties may include the following:
- Performs task management functions including managing timelines, client communications, scheduling, note taking and other activities to assure a task progresses.
- Collects data using targeted and systematic literature review methods, including developing data collection criteria, performing literature searches, and abstracting relevant data.
- Conducts data analysis under the direction of the project leader using appropriate methodological tools and programs such as SAS, STATA, and Excel.
- Develops written materials (reports, manuscripts, slide decks) for presenting project results, and performs basic copy-editing for grammar and spelling.
- Participates and effectively communicates in internal team discussions and in meetings with external stakeholders and clients.
May be asked to perform a wide range of other project-related and infrastructure activities such as: recruiting experts for meetings, advisory groups, or panels; contributing to or reviewing proposals; assisting with problem-solving; researching potential solutions; among others.
- Advanced degree in economics or relevant economics-related discipline
- Entry level to 1 year of related experience demonstrating basic familiarity with the application of health economic and other research methods
- Experience performing literature searches, reviews, and synthesis of information
- Experience writing scientific or review papers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a diverse team
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with business applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with statistical programs such as R, Stata or SAS
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision Health Economics
Office Based: Oakland - 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1420, Oakland, CA 94612
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Research Economist
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Oakland, California US