Sr. Research Scientist, Evidence Synthesis (Remote) - Research
Location: Boston Massachusetts USA
Boston Massachusetts United States
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONheor
Requisition Number: 706
Are you a self-starter with a passion for projects involving innovative health economic methods in evidence synthesis? Do you love collaborating, moving the ball forward and rolling up your sleeves? We are growing and seeking an experienced Research Scientist to join our team. Technical experience in the following areas is required: systematic literature reviews, indirect treatment comparisons (including network meta-analyses and population-adjusted indirect comparisons), and the HTA process.
This opportunity is offered in the US, Canada & EU - both fully remote or based out of one of our offices.
Senior Research Scientists collaborate across a broad portfolio of sophisticated health economic and health policy research projects in a project team structure. They have a thorough understanding of how to conduct independent research, develop research projects and project portfolios, and cultivate client relationships. This position will complete complex job responsibilities independently as well as mentor and direct other in completing work. In addition, Senior Research Scientists will provide scientific leadership and project management on multiple outcomes research, health economic and health policy studies.
What you can expect day to day:
- Leads projects with little oversight and supervises others on project team
- Displays leadership capabilities and client management skills
- Independently and logically identifies issues and problems across all tasks, whether directly or indirectly involved and carries out solutions or seeks additional input for particularly challenging problems
- Creatively develops fact base where data are hard to access and tailors analysis to meet future tasks goals and align with big picture project objectives
- Applies analytic tools & techniques creatively to solve complex problems
- Prepares initial strategies for implementation, obtains insight from others to address gaps or complexities, and assumes role of final decision maker when appropriate while taking accountability for outcomes
- Develops written materials with little direction and reviewing/editing by others
- Delivers effective presentations and is in command of the audience
- Proactively identifies potential challenges and adjusts plans to accommodate unexpected problems or opportunities
- Anticipates the key risks and proactively develops and executes mitigating strategies while mentors others in execution
- Demonstrates valued contributions to internal and client discussions
- Draws team together and motivates others to achieve common goal
- Delegates effectively by assessing availability, skill, and interest and leads by example, particularly during challenging situations
- Proactively manages client expectations and works with others to resolve any issues within reason when client needs are not met
- Builds client relationships and is perceived as scientific partner
- Anticipates potential opportunities for future work
- Ph.D. in a discipline related to health services research; economics, public policy, health policy, epidemiology, biostatistics, or public health, with a minimum 5 years of relevant research experience
- MS/MA plus 7 years of relevant research experience
- Thorough understanding of statistical programs (e.g. SAS, R, Stata)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a diverse team
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience conducting meta-analysis; experience in conducting network meta-analysis
- Experience overseeing the work of others
- Experience crafting health technology submissions
- Experience working in statistical programs (e.g. SAS, R, Stata)
Who We Are:
PRECISIONheor is an award-winning global healthcare market access consultancy within Precision Medicine Group. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management.
We provide powerful research skills to positively impact payer and purchaser decision-making, which allows organizations to assess appropriate populations for therapies and potential expand access for life-saving and altering medical interventions.
With offices in New York, Boston, LA, Vancouver and London, our team has experienced rapid growth and includes a collection of professionals from around the globe with experience across multiple disciplines: former payer executives, academics, pharma marketers, and consultants—all passionate about generating solutions to our customers’ value and access needs.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2021 Precision Medicine Group, LLC.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.