Solution Analyst - Data Management
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONxtract
Requisition Number: 1113
Looking to get your start in Product Management? Passionate about Pharma or HC Data? Well look no further because we are looking for Solution Analyst/JR Product Manager who is going to come in and play an integral role in our growth and pursuit towards advancing our products!
A bit about the role:
You will have primary responsibility to provide analysis and service support for the product, platform, and engineering teams. The Solution Analyst will have the opportunity to contribute to product design initiatives, support client project management, gather development requirements and develop proof of concepts and/or architect new solutions.
What your day may look like:
- Clean and integrate complex healthcare datasets to create the data foundation for further analytics, client applications, and the development of key client insights
- Evaluate appropriateness of data for analytic hypotheses
- Implement advanced ETL processes to acquire and load large datasets for ideation or solution development
- Contribute to client team meetings for client projects and engagements
- Summarize data queries in logical and understandable formats for other team members including data manipulation and dataset preparation for client engagement analytics and applications
- Provide requirements and architectural design diagrams for solution development
- Strategic thought partner
- Up to 5% travel depending on team or project assignment
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Information Systems, or Information Sciences
- Entry level - 3 years’ industry experience with evident proficiency and hands-on data management expertise
- Experience in descriptive statistics and/or Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry
- Demonstrable experience in leadership and influence along with planning and organization abilities
- Database: S3, Redshift, NoSQL (Solr, MongoDB, CouchDB), Snowflake or database management
- ETL: Spark, AWS GLUE, SSIS, AWS Data Pipeline
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure
- Compute: R, Python, Databricks
Who are looking for:
- Data Management and Analysis Accountability: Ability to engage in a candid discussion with internal teams to guide the feasibility and timing of data-centric project deliverables. Capability to understand problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions is required. Validate quality and appropriateness of source data and pertinence of results within projects. Propose methods of addressing issues encountered throughout the collection, manipulation, and reporting of the data.
- Data and Quality Management: Collect, manipulate, and report data within the corporate data, programming, and file management guidelines and policies. Independently validate results across work streams and develop audit reports to ensure work product is accurate and appropriate to work requested. Working knowledge of pharmaceutical source data with a specific focus on managed markets data to evaluate reasonableness of outputs and deliverables.
- Communication Skills: Written, Verbal, and Presentation: The successful candidate must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret production data, financial reports, and legal documents. Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal skills including ability to clearly respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, and members of the business community. Must possess a rapid agility to reply to emails, provide instructions of work stream necessities or issues encountered, business and report writings in a succinct and informative manner
- Business Judgment and Strategic Thinking: Ability to think, act, and deliver value in the best interest of our clients with respect to common practices of the healthcare consulting field. Ability to extrapolate from the specific to the general and interpret from the general to the specific
- Analytic Skills: Framing macro problems into action steps or work plans for resolutions. Structuring a persuasive client presentation based on in-depth or expansive excel spreadsheets. Demonstrable interpretive and solution identification skills with the ability to understand multiple types of quantitative and qualitative data heightened with strong resolution skills
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and work effectively across the organization to accomplish team goals is critical. The successful candidate must possess excellent judgment, management, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to work with team members to convey results, incorporate enhancements and productionize processes across projects. Must be able to understand the dynamics of how a team interconnect and rely upon every member.
- Strategic Thinking: Conceptualize outside of the aspects of a project at hand, with an ability to visualize how the work contributes to and drives forward the overall project
- Solutions oriented: Must be able to display resourcefulness and confidence under pressure. Must be able to look past obstacles and roadblocks, ask questions and for support, and find their way around any obstacle
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2021 Precision Medicine Group, LLC.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.