SENIOR MEDICAL EDITOR/MEDICAL EDITOR - Payer Marketing Agency (FULLY REMOTE) - Writing/Editorial
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONvalue
Requisition Number: 1140
Precision for Value is the top payer marketing agency the country. We partner with global pharmaceutical and life sciences companies who are developing groundbreaking treatments to make medicines accessible and affordable. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policy-makers. With us, you will collaborate with teams as we improve market access and support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients
***The Medical Editor role is fully remote (or work from our luxury offices in Chicago, Indianapolis, Boston, NYC, Gladstone NJ if preferred)***
- “Error-free” is your mantra; you’ve always enjoyed copy editing and proofreading, from menus to the news page to medical marketing materials.
- You follow the rules – leaning on your knowledge of AMA style, FDA guidelines, client preferences, and good writing.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you enjoy continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You are a keen and inquisitive fact checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure every bit is accurate.
- You love collaborating with a team of like-minded professionals, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You are passionate about your work and adhere to the 3 c’s: clear, concise, correct.
- You are flexible, able to handle multiple projects at once, and do your best work in an energizing environment.
Medical Editors partner in the content review process, reviewing and editing content for correct spelling, grammar, and sentence structure, fulfillment of creative brief, adherence to AMA and client style, and appropriate and accurate referencing. You'll be involved at all stages of content development, initiating and maintaining editorial integrity from outline to printer’s proof. Editors fact check materials and align with the writers on annotating and referencing. You will represent Editorial at internal start-up and status meetings, and work with the extended team to facilitate project completion. You will ensure all pieces are aligned with each client’s MLR submission process and support the MLR process.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar field
- 3+ year of editorial experience in the pharmaceutical/medical communication or ad agency field
- Thorough knowledge of AMA (10th edition) style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products as well as familiarity with editing in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Industry experience to include in advertising, pharmaceutical marketing, medical communications, and/or medical education industry
- Familiarity with Veeva, Zinc, or MLR reviews and submissions systems
- Knowledge of FDA requirements with respect to pharmaceutical advertising
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2021 Precision Medicine Group, LLC.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.