Biospecimen Operations, Associate Director -
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Division: Precision for Medicine
Business Unit: QuartzBio
Requisition Number: 1750
The Associate Director, virtual Sample Inventory Management, will lead the development and execution of client projects for QuartzBio’s virtual Sample Inventory Management (vSIM) service line. This role will be responsible for guiding the vSIM team in generating mapping specifications of source data into a Master Sample Inventory (MSI) and generate biomarker sample management reporting on the MSI per project requirements. The AD, vSIM, will also contribute to technical development of the vSIM technology solutions and improve operational efficiency.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
- Create mapping specifications of source data into an MSI
- Validate mapping specifications created by others
- Create and modify reports outlining data reconciliation issues
- Participate in research and development activities
- Contribute to the advancement of Precision’s technology-based services in virtual Sample Inventory Management and Biomarker Data Management
- Communicate directly with subject matter experts (SME) to align on details, strategies, and important aspects of complex data and analyses
- Develop documentation and data specifications
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to deliver and manage projects as required
- Collaborate with members of other Precision divisions, and externally with 3rd party clients and vendors
- Performs work on complex problems of advanced scope and takes the lead in managing projects to completion
- Provides tactical and strategic leadership to team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s in data management, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Biology or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Data Management or a related field
- Ability to identify and leverage existing technologies, internal and external, to address unique challenges
- Extremely strong communications skills, able to effectively lead discussions across variety of topics with an audience of widely divergent experience, background, and educational levels.
- Comfort working in highly complex, interdependent systems with varying levels of access, flexibility, and input
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Extended work hours may be required to meet business demands
- Experience with EDC systems and/or sample inventory systems
- Previous management experience
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2021 Precision Medicine Group, LLC.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.