Summer Intern - Entry Level - Market Access Consulting
Location: New York, New York US
Job Id: 1093
Position Title: Intern
Who We Are:
Precision Xtract, part of Precision Value & Health, is an award-winning global healthcare market access consultancy. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management.
We provide powerful research skills to positively impact payer and purchaser decision-making, which allows organizations to assess appropriate populations for therapies and potentially expand access for life-saving and altering medical interventions. With offices in New York, Boston, Oakland, Vancouver and London, we continue to experience rapid growth, including a collection of professionals from around the globe with experience across multiple disciplines: former payer executives, academics, pharma marketers, and consultants—all passionate about generating solutions to our customers’ value and access needs.
Interns are integral members of our Consulting project team, acting in a similar role as full-time Analysts. Depending on project availability, interns may be fully staffed on a single project throughout the summer, or may play supporting roles in several ongoing projects. You will be competitively compensated and will agree to at least 8 weeks of full-time employment over the summer.
Do you consider yourself a self-starter with an attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow? Are you passionate about putting in the hard work to conduct high quality research? Do you have strong social and relationship building skills, and can build credibility with project partners? Your dream summer internship is waiting. If you’re a born problem-solver and enjoy when no day is the same - keep reading.
- Engaging with a project team and its leader to learn quickly and understand project outcomes, work plan & milestones, individual expectations, and the roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities pertinent to the project
- Serving as the knowledge/ content authority on your projects
- Using internal and external sources to conduct independent desk-based research and the best address key client questions
- Handling the data collection process from varied (primary and secondary) data sources and performing quantitative and qualitative analyses to aid the development of recommendations
- Finding meaning in the knowledge/data that is not readily apparent and demonstrating the ability to ask the “next question” and discover answers beyond the obvious
- Collaborating effectively with the project team and actively contributing to internal brainstorming sessions to develop thinking and recommendations
- Participating in preparation for internal and client meetings and follow up
- Participating in developing presentations and other client deliverables
- Openly soliciting, receiving, and giving feedback among team members, project managers, and others involved in the success of a project
- Supporting business development activities and assisting in crafting proposals for clients
Minimum required: Currently enrolled in either an undergraduate or advanced degree program with academic concentration in Science, Economics, Business ora related discipline
- Proven interest in the pharmaceutical industry or healthcare consulting
- Proven critical thinking, analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate curiosity and resourcefulness in analysis of large volumes of qualitative and quantitative information
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, and an ability to build credibility with external and internal partners
- Good time management and prioritization of handling multiple simultaneous workstreams
- Self-starting attitude
- Strong MS Office literacy e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Track record of extra-curricular achievement that shows initiative and drive
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: PRECISIONadvisors
Office Based: New York - 450 Seventh Avenue, Suite 2505, New York, NY 10123
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Intern
Work From Home Available: No
City: New York
Country: United States
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Summer Intern - Entry Level - Market Access Consulting
City: New York
State: New York
Country: United States
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US