Medical Editor - Healthcare Advertising Agency
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 373
Position Title: Medical Editor
Are you a science geek that spots errors a mile off -misplaced decimal, wrong reference, DNA masquerading as RNA? Are you equal parts right and left brain, loving medical technology as much as the written word? Does working with a respected team of editorial master excite you? We are looking for dedicated professionals who want to take part in ensuring our award-winning creative materials crafted for top pharma clients are production ready.
We welcome and champion fun, meaningful, hard and rewarding experiences to deliver impactful results time and time again. We are a group of healthcare enthusiasts who relish the ability to educate, engage and activate on our clients behalf. Our clients deliver exceptional products that change people’s lives. We create extraordinary messaging that changes minds; that’s just who we are. And it’s the only way we work.
We are teammates that understand success is not stagnant. It is never "one" and "done," sharing an unspoken agreement to always improve and dazzle - adding a dash of love resulting in influencing changing the standard of care.
- “error-free” is your middle name; you’ve always enjoyed proofreading and editing from menus and school papers to medical marketing materials.
- You follow the rules-- using AMA writing style, MLR guidelines, the client’s style guide and the rules of proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar.
- With an insatiable interest in health and medicine, you love continually learning and understanding brands and therapeutic areas.
- You have an eagle eye for typos and other errors and a keen fact-checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure every bit is accurate.
- You love collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and fast without sacrificing accuracy.
- You are flexible, able to handle multiple projects at once and do your best work in an energizing environment
Essential functions (include but are not limited to):
- Participate in the content review process, reviewing and editing content of each project for correct spelling, grammar, consistency, balance tone, fulfillment of creative brief, correct client and AMA style, and appropriate and accurate referencing
- Participate in development phase to initiate consistency in content and presentation outline
- Fact check material. Editors are required to annotate material as necessary
- Follow up with authors and account management team on content revisions and work with clinical writers, account teams, production, and other staff to increase ease of project completion
- Represent department at internal start up and status meetings
- Ensure all pieces are aligned with each client’s MLR submission process and support the MLR process as needed
Put your big-picture thinking and differentiating insights into effect. precisioneffect empowers those with a strong voice and a differentiating point of view. And if you haven’t found yours already, know we plan to inspire you, with the promise you’ll be heard. It’s hard to ask for more from a workplace where you’ll build your confidence and grow your career. Join our team of innovators, strategist and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry’s best, most notable and brightest to change the standard of care.
Who we are
We are the leading healthcare advertising agency devoted to medical devices, diagnostics, and specialty pharmaceuticals. With offices in Boston, Mass., and Costa Mesa, Calif., the agency has an unparalleled understanding of market dynamics, a deft hand at translating technical advances into compelling programs for customer adoption, and a willingness to creatively utilize unique channels to communicate clients' messages The agency has consistently been recognized by clients, peers and professional organizations for its outstanding creative work.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years editing experience in the healthcare and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough knowledge of AMA (10th edition) style
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products as well as familiarity with editing in Adobe Acrobat Professional
- 1 year+ of experience in advertising, pharmaceutical marketing, medical communications, and/or medical education industry
- Familiarity with Veeva, Zinc, or MLR submissions systems
- Experience with MLR reviews
- Knowledge of FDA requirements with respect to pharmaceutical advertising
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: precisioneffect
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Editor - Healthcare Advertising Agency
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US