Scientific Associate - Medical Writer
Location: New York, New York US
Job Id: 1229
Position Title: Scientific Associate
Precision for Value (PFV), the top payer marketing agency, supports global pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in the achievement of commercial excellence. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers.
As leaders in the generation, analysis, and communication of that evidence, we are maximizing market access to support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the world. We are able to accomplish this because of the amazing talent on our team including; former payers, data scientists, health economists, marketing strategists, and promotional effectiveness specialists to join our organization.
Scientific Associates develop and write medical content for assigned client account(s) and work in conjunction with all internal teams to ensure that the client vision is achieved and content is medically accurate.
Are you passionate about being part of a team of Medical writing specialists in our New York based office? At PFV, you will make an impact by supporting our clients who are developing groundbreaking medicines/treatments who are working to make medicines accessible and affordable. We provide external training, mentorship, and operate in a cross-functional project team environment.
- You stay on top of trends in the medical/scientific community.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and taking projects from start to finish.
- You have an eye for detail and can accurately convey complex information in a simple way.
- You are naturally curious, a life-long learner and have a strong interest in health and medicine.
- You are passionate about providing medical insights, supplying creative ideas, and developing high quality content that allows you to use scientific/medical knowledge and demonstrate your writing skills.
Essential duties of the job include but are not limited to:
- Serving as medical point person on assigned accounts
- Developing and writing medical content for multiple and wide-ranging therapeutic areas and appropriate audiences
- Ensuring project quality and outcomes by demonstrating in‑depth technical expertise of assigned therapeutic category and/or managed care areas
- Developing strategic content for full range of medical content (slide presentations, advisory boards, strategy guides, monographs, discussion guides, training resources, etc.)
- Working closely with account teams to refine content in keeping with strategic imperatives
- Communicating medical content with internal team and pharmaceutical clients, as necessary
- Attending medical, legal, regulatory review meetings
- Participating in all internal team meetings, including project kick-off meetings, weekly status meetings, client meetings, and internal brainstorm/review meetings
- Contributing ideas for new business proposals and tactical planning within assigned accounts
Minimum Required: Advanced degree in life sciences
- 1-2 years in medical communications, healthcare agency, medical education, or similar field
- Proven experience translating complex scientific concepts for a variety of managed care audiences
- Proven ability to prioritize deadline-sensitive projects and juggle competing client priorities
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel for occasional client meetings
- PharmD or PhD
- Managed care experience
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision For Value
Office Based: New York - 60 E 42nd Street, Suite 1325, New York, NY 10017
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
City: New York
Country: United States
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Scientific Associate - Medical Writer
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US